• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I got stuck in the loop...

Hi there
I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0.WIFI I am receiving the message "obtaining ip address" and it wont connect...I have tried changing the ip settings, the ip address, the gateway, and all that, but to no avail.I know it is not the router becauseit has happened at two different places literally miles apart...
any suggestions?
jPeT

JpEt check the time and date on your tab. Set it to match the time on your cell phone. If they are not correct, the apps will not be able to handshake with their servers...even though it says it's connected. It's a flaw in the operating system.

You're the one asking for help, so why ignore tube517's suggestion, as if you are more informed? Try it, then post back as to whether it worked or not. Further help can then be offered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones