1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I got stuck in the loop...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JpEt, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JpEt

JpEt Lurker

Hi there
    I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0.WIFI I am receiving the message "obtaining ip address" and it wont connect...I have tried changing the ip settings, the ip address, the gateway, and all that, but to no avail.I know it is not the router becauseit has happened at two different places literally miles apart...
    any suggestions?
    jPeT

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Try rebooting the router, even if you don't think that is the problem. Also, make sure the time is correct on the tablet.

3. JpEt

JpEt Lurker

Thing is I dont have control over the router I'm at a library, and it used to work here before...and what the heck does the time have to do with it? and everwhere I go there is a different time so what is the correct time???

4. JpEt

JpEt Lurker

Someone please help! I tried everything...It now says connected but my internet enabled apps and browsers say disconnected...I changed the IP thingy to static and changed the last three digits of the ip address to 192(or 129 cant remember)and thats all i can think of short of sending it back to samsung...

5. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

JpEt check the time and date on your tab. Set it to match the time on your cell phone. If they are not correct, the apps will not be able to handshake with their servers...even though it says it's connected. It's a flaw in the operating system.

You're the one asking for help, so why ignore tube517's suggestion, as if you are more informed? Try it, then post back as to whether it worked or not. Further help can then be offered.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews