• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I gotta give credit to anyone who themes

flyinjoe13

Android Enthusiast
May 18, 2010
I've been modifying a theme from an existing ROM (yes the original developer knows and I don't plan on releasing it. If I finish it, I will give it to him as an alternate theme for people to try if he thinks it's worth it) and I gotta say to anyone who takes the time to create a theme from scratch, you must be nuts. :) Just kidding.

Honestly, you theme guys must have the patience of Job. There are so many files to edit or create to make a new theme. By my count, there's over 700 files that can or need to be edited to make a theme match correctly and I don't know how you know what files go with what processes because the naming scheme is whack. I've made changes to things that I still have no idea how to test how they look.

So to the theme guys, bravo for the time and effort it takes to make one. I never realized what went into it until I started messing around with one. You guys deserve the thanks, donations, etc. you get because it's not easy work. So give yourselves a pat on the back. And to everyone else, the next time you flash a new theme, don't take it for granted. Make sure you come back here and give a thanks to the creator because it takes a lot more time\work to do one than I think many of us realize.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones