• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Had To Swap My Epic Out Already!

Well it turns out the reason my Seidio case was fitting so poorly was that my phone was put together poorly. The chrome band was not seated properly in the assembly in the area of the USB port keeping the case from snapping on fully in that area. I took it to a Sprint service center and they told me it was bad and I should exchange it at Best Buy. PROBLEM! No stock can we say EVO all over again? So I get on the phone and start calling BB all over the Chicago area and nothing. So I call the Woodfield Mall mini store and the Girl goes Oh you want the Epic?? I have a ton of them!!!! at least 20!! Im like "Oh happy day"!! I get in my car drive about 40 minutes to the Mall and sure enough got my replacement there.

One thing I did notice, My original Epic battery was stamped with a Mfg date of mid July and this one is Aug 16th only 2 weeks ago! It also had on it a few labels the first one didn't have including one from Qualcomm. They were very nice at Best Buy and even gave me a brand new Zagg screen protector to replace the one on the bad handset. So far so good.

was your original purchase from best buy? i need to swap mine out for a vibration problem and crappy menu button and when i went into the sprint store they said i was locked in to that store for my 30 satisfaction stuff and since they were out of phones i'm sol till they get another shipment. I asked about going to another store with phones in stock and said I couldnt.

Upvote 0
was your original purchase from best buy? i need to swap mine out for a vibration problem and crappy menu button and when i went into the sprint store they said i was locked in to that store for my 30 satisfaction stuff and since they were out of phones i'm sol till they get another shipment. I asked about going to another store with phones in stock and said I couldnt.

Yes within the first 30 days if returned they have to go back to one of the original sellers outlets. Best Buy, Radio Shack, Sprint etc.

Upvote 0
ur sprint store is full of shit ... I also swapped out mine ..... bought at b.b but swapped at sprint .... I never cared for b.b & since i only went there for the device cuz I had 200 bux in gift cards .. I repeatedly watched their employees lie to ppls faces and throw them lines of b.s .. basically talking down on them bcuz maybe some weren't so savvy wit phones .... anyways u got 30 days like mentioned

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones