• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I HATE ANDROID AUTO

jlh

Lurker
May 2, 2020
I bought a new 2020 chevy and am now forced to use ANDROID AUTO. Forced to connect with a USB cable and it sucks. I don't care about anything but receiving calls while driving and receiving notice of a text. It use to be so simple before GM got sucked into going with android auto or apple auto. Now even outside my vehicle my text messages are broadcast to the world-I only wish to read them. Heck, my on star is even screwed up with no volume.

Oh dear! We got a new Kia Niro HPEV yesterday and that too uses Android auto. But I have linked my phone to it via bluetooth, at least I think I have? It showed up all of my contacts and calls anyway. I didn't try to make a call though?

It does seems quite strange that it's OK to connect for calls by bluetooth but not much else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones