• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I hate touchscreens!

krazykrivda

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Touch screens have always not sat well with me. While they're great and let there be limitless buttons, for those of us not nimble enough to use them, it SUCKS. Also, I really miss the days of blindly texting via T9 because tactile buttons where great! But to be fair, the droid's touchscreen was very responsive and the virtual qwerty was very forgiving and corrected my typo's very VERY well.

I say was in both cases BECAUSE today my touchscreen stopped working alltogether. I was using it 1 minute, put the phone in my pocket, got a notifacation, took it out.. and NOTHING. There was haptic feedback on, but no response at all. Several battery pulls, and standard reboots, and even factory resets and still the issue is there.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so anyth8ing short of replacing the phone to resolve it?

All items mass produced come with a few lemons. Things fail over time and that's what the warranty is for. If you bought it less than 30 days ago, go back to the original place of purchase and they should exchange it for a brand new one. If it's been over 30 days, take it to a Verizon store and they'll replace it with a refurbished one. If you don't want a refurbished one, call Motorola and send in your phone and they'll fix in and have it back within 3 weeks (including shipping time).

Upvote 0
All items mass produced come with a few lemons. Things fail over time and that's what the warranty is for. If you bought it less than 30 days ago, go back to the original place of purchase and they should exchange it for a brand new one. If it's been over 30 days, take it to a Verizon store and they'll replace it with a refurbished one. If you don't want a refurbished one, call Motorola and send in your phone and they'll fix in and have it back within 3 weeks (including shipping time).

Went to the store and they replaced it since it was manufacturer's defect (even though it was out of 30 days). Relatively painless except that I have to go ahead and redo all of my settings (which I tend to be picky about). This is my 2nd replacement device, and I noticed this time, in the marketplace it didn't keep track of my free apps. This must be with the new firmware or something. A bit disappointing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones