• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Verizon has always treated me fairly.

Why is it that customers think they are entitled to a free upgrade? If you buy a car that turns out to be a lemon, the stealership won't give you the new and improved model for free. They will give you a replacement of the same model you purchased.

If you buy spoiled sirloin from the grocery store, they don't replace it with filet... You get more sirloin.

If you buy a St. Johns Bay shirt that has a hole in it, you don't get a Lacost as a replacement...

Why should Verizon be required to give you a free upgrade?

Upvote 0

Why is it that customers think they are entitled to a free upgrade? If you buy a car that turns out to be a lemon, the stealership won't give you the new and improved model for free. They will give you a replacement of the same model you purchased.

If you buy spoiled sirloin from the grocery store, they don't replace it with filet... You get more sirloin.

If you buy a St. Johns Bay shirt that has a hole in it, you don't get a Lacost as a replacement...

That was a nice analogy your typed up there but not once did I say or request a free upgrade. The Verizon rep told me they would give me the droid. I did not ask for it they offered it.

Also they are sending me a droid it should be here on Tuesday.

Upvote 0

I feel similar about users who express themselves in ways you describe. But the only sense of entitlement I see in the OP is expressed in the last line, "Im so mad that verizon can not do one thing correctly! Its infuriating."

The desire seems to be for competence, not for a new phone, although that was offered by the Verizon rep.

Upvote 0
I just want to add that I know how frustrating that can be. And, as a customer service type of person myself, we are just human. She may have made the offer before she was supposed to, or the next call in line came through before she had a chance to make the note.

I've had good experiences with Verizon customer service. I hope you have a better experience next time.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I'd just be happy that you'll get a Droid next, if you get another Eris that fails. That seems reasonable to me - two replacements that fail allows an upgrade to another device.

Verizon no longer has the policy that gives a different model after 3 bad phones. Doesn't mean it won't happen, it is just not standard operating procedure any more.

Upvote 0
Verizon no longer has the policy that gives a different model after 3 bad phones. Doesn't mean it won't happen, it is just not standard operating procedure any more.

Right. I didn't say that they had the policy; but the OP said that she was promised a Droid if it happened again, the second CSR denied that was noted in her record but said that she would note it after sending a second replacement, and I was just commenting that this seemed like a reasonable response from the VZW CSR.

I will note that I have been a customer if VZW since they became VZW (and, well, long before; I was a customer of Bell Atlantic Mobile, and NYNEX before that, when VZW was named VZW), I have four lines in a family plan, and I have had very few reasons to call Customer Service. And the few times that I have had to call, I have had nothing but a positive experience with them. Others may be different, but my experience has been great.

Upvote 0
I'd be upset if I thought I were getting another phone and got the same ole one. I don't think that lillballer was saying that Verizon is a crappy company. He was just frustrated with being promised solid gold, but was given fake silver. He didn't expect it. He was told and then they didn't deliver. That's frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones