1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I hate Yogi bear

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ukzen, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

Well, i was quietly playing Angry Birds at work ,with the sound off,concentrating like mad,totally absorbed(sad i know).Then suddenly up comes a loud video trailer for the new Yogi bear film,made me jump a bit and caused raised eyebrows around the room.
    I carried on playing ,and it popped up about 4 more times in 15 mins ,i clicked skip in the corner of the screen and it went back to the game ,but it wouldn`t play ,the damn birds would not launch.
    Tried this a few more times ,if i skipped it it wouldn`t play,if i watched the trailer it was ok.No biggy really ,i expect ads with a free app or game ,but never had a vid clip before.:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

This is where AdFree comes in handy

3. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Android Enthusiast

AdFree; if you want to avoid making office boo-boos

boo-boos. geddit? oh well, please yourselves....

4. coos lick

coos lick Android Enthusiast

Happened to me in the bus into work. Wasn't expecting it at all - game was on silent, then the stupid clip came on full blast. Not cool. Bad enough they have the ads over the top right corner so the birds have to pass through - now this?

5. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Could you not just turn your net connection of during play,I would imagine that would stop the adds from showing.

6. partridge

partridge Android Enthusiast

the game won't play unless you have net access for it to download the ads

7. theguest13

theguest13 Member

above, mine does, i rarely have my 3g connected and all my apps work fine...ad free!!!

8. partridge

partridge Android Enthusiast

Well that's bizarre, neither my phone or my wifes will open apps that are ad funded unless there is a data network available.

9. Nagrom

Nagrom Android Expert

Hear hear

Andy

10. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

adfree is a bloody godsend....although to be fair....doing that or turning 3G off does make me feel like a bit of a cheat in a way...as they do let us have these games for FREE but just have to have ads...whereas our iphone counterparts have to pay...

eh im sure my conscience will shut up if I play some more angry birds :D;)

oh and kudos on the boo-boo joke....was funny THIS time of the morning lol

11. erry

erry Well-Known Member

its probably the case but i'm guessing you can't run adfree on a non rooted phone?!

12. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

Turning off 3G does get rid of ads on my phone,dont know why i didn`t think of it before

13. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

Yes ad free requires your phone to be rooted.