• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have 2 HEROs, 1 has MMS issues and 1 does not. Help!

I have a really bizarre issue that I've had the damndest time trying to isolate.

I have two HTC Hero phones in my house (mine and my wife's). Both of us can send and receive MMS messages from each other without any problem. However when my brother, who is using an HTC Incredible on the Verizon network, sends an MMS message to us I can see the message just fine but on my wife's Hero there is a big gray "Play" logo. If you tap the logo the screen goes black (and sometimes will very briefly flash a portion of the txt message attached to the MMS). Then the screen flickers and you're back at the main menu of the stock messaging app (not even in the messaging thread you were reading).

What gives? We're both running the Cyanogen mod, the exact same release, with the exact same phone, with the exact same stock messaging application? I've researched the play button issue on this forum and others but there seems to be no consistency between what people say they think is causing it and nobody has had multiple Hero units to compare/contrast with.

Where should I even start investigating this? It's a really frustrating quirk.

I have a really bizarre issue that I've had the damndest time trying to isolate.

I have two HTC Hero phones in my house (mine and my wife's). Both of us can send and receive MMS messages from each other without any problem. However when my brother, who is using an HTC Incredible on the Verizon network, sends an MMS message to us I can see the message just fine but on my wife's Hero there is a big gray "Play" logo. If you tap the logo the screen goes black (and sometimes will very briefly flash a portion of the txt message attached to the MMS). Then the screen flickers and you're back at the main menu of the stock messaging app (not even in the messaging thread you were reading).

What gives? We're both running the Cyanogen mod, the exact same release, with the exact same phone, with the exact same stock messaging application? I've researched the play button issue on this forum and others but there seems to be no consistency between what people say they think is causing it and nobody has had multiple Hero units to compare/contrast with.

Where should I even start investigating this? It's a really frustrating quirk.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Discussion of Cyanogenmod Nightlies for Hero CDMA Just fyi, you may need to be a member download fix

If this doesn't work, you may have to do longer fix but it will work;)

1 Nandroid your current setup;)
2 Flash a sense rom [ROM] LiquidSense 2.1 Stable|PngOpt|ZipAlgn|Odex|No Bloat - xda-developers Before flashing, wipe everything, data/factory reset, cache and Dalvik cache
3 Let the rom boot up (you don't need to sign if you don't want to;)) Update PRL and Profile update first. Then have your brother send a mms message and make sure you can open it. Send him one and for giggles, have him send another mms message. If everything works as it should, you are good to go;)
4 After you confirmed that everything works, do a nandroid restore back to CM6

MMS messages should work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones