• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have 64Bit hardware, but 32Bit Android 13-How can I fix this problem? (A13 Samsung)

Hey guys, this is my first post. I've downloaded a couple games I really wanna try but due to my phone being on 32bit android 13 (one ui 5.1) none of the apks are installing. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy A13 128 gb, 4 gigs of ram and after researching I've confirmed it uses 64 bit hardware architecture. Thanks guys..

Hey guys, this is my first post. I've downloaded a couple games I really wanna try but due to my phone being on 32bit android 13 (one ui 5.1) none of the apks are installing. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy A13 128 gb, 4 gigs of ram and after researching I've confirmed it uses 64 bit hardware architecture. Thanks guys..

Where did you download the games from? If it was APKmirror or APKpure? As they've often got 32-bit builds, as well as 64-bit, listed for apps and games.

You may find it listed something like this. Where you choose the download for the architecture and Android build your device has got, i.e. arm, arm-64, x86, x86-64. If you were installing apps and games from Google Play, that automatically installs the working app version for your device.

apk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Where did you download the games from? If it was APKmirror or APKpure? As they've often got 32-bit builds, as well as 64-bit, listed for apps and games.

You may find it listed something like this. Where you choose the download for the architecture and Android build your device has got, i.e. arm, arm-64, x86, x86-64. If you were installing apps and games from Google Play, that automatically installs the working app version for your device.

View attachment 166552
Hi, I downloaded "arena breakout" through taptap and have tried downloading call of duty war zone on the play store but there is a message in red text- this application does not support your device" or something like that.

Upvote 0
Same question was posted at XDA Samsung A13 (sm-a135m) 64bit kernel building

doing a little searching quite a few people with a A13 have asked the same question and there is no 64 bit OS that you could change to that i could find. Sorry, but you're stuck with a 32 bit OS
Thanks for your help! Is it likely this could change in the future?

Upvote 0
Hi, I downloaded "arena breakout" through taptap and have tried downloading call of duty war zone on the play store but there is a message in red text- this application does not support your device" or something like that.

On Play Store, I'm seeing for Call of Duty Warzone, "This app is not available for your device.", on a Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android 13. I'm not really interested in that game myself, but if you think your device should be supported, suggest you email the devs and enquire about it. The other one, Arena Breakout, I don't know that game.

Upvote 0
On Play Store, I'm seeing for Call of Duty Warzone, "This app is not available for your device.", on a Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android 13. I'm not really interested in that game myself, but if you think your device should be supported, suggest you email the devs and enquire about it. The other one, Arena Breakout, I don't know that game.
Will do

Upvote 0
Play Store has had a broken compatibility filter for ages. About 90% of the apps it deems are 'incompatible' work perfectly fine by sideloading the APKs. It has also allowed install of actual incompatible apps that wreak havoc. Google, fix your crap!

It also conveniently 'hides' old Android 2.3 apps that never got updated for modern devices but still show up if you search the website. Google, I'm actually WANTING those older apps but you keep hiding them from me!

Emailing devs is about as useful as reporting errors to Microsoft. It accomplishes nothing. The problem is Play Store, not the dev.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My guess is that Google's compatibility filter relies on metadata such as the sdk level and what the developer themselves declares as system requirements. So if the developer fills in the wrong information, or stops updating, the app gets flagged as incompatible and hence doesn't show up when searching using the Play Store app. I seriously doubt that Google actually test compatibility with every device, more likely just check whether the supplied compatibility data match the device in question.

I'm not a huge fan of Google, but I do think that developers have some responsibility here.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones