• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a 1A (1000ma) car charger but it only charges at 500ma speeds (2006 BMW 3series)

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
I have the Belkin Mini Car Charger that plugs into a cigarette lighter. I've noticed that even though it's rated at 1000ma, it only charges about the same speed as USB at 500ma.

I thought it was the cable I was using so I brought the cable into the house and connected it to the AC wall charger and it charges at 1000ma so it's either the car or the charger?

You might wanna post this at E90post.com. They're douches, but you might get your question answered there.

If I need to charge my phone in my Bimmer, I just bring the mini-USB cable for my Droid and plug it into the USB port inside the arm rest compartment. I can't comment on the output there, it's more of a trickle charge that still keeps me alive if I'm on the last stand of my battery.

I would just ask someone on E90Post what the out put is on the lighter charger. I can't find it, although I skimmed a quick Google search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones