• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a ? about the sequent and JB 4.1

timghorton

Dec 8, 2011
Hello all, first of all I have searched the forums and found no answer so I thought I would ask right here.

I currently have a galaxy rush but want to return it for a warp sequent but I am concerned about JB 4.1 cause the rush is getting according to samsung in a few months.

BUT

When I called ZTE today about my ? they said it's up to the service provider to release 4.1 JB to the warp, is that correct or is up to ZTE to release it.

I just want to make sure I have a jb ready phone that is future proof for the next year or so.

My apologies if I didn't put this in the right place.

Tim

Good luck getting an answer. Most of the lower end cell phone mfgr's don't update their phones, they just make new ones to force you to buy them, if you want updated software. Take the ZTE Warp for example. Can handle ICS, but they aren't going to release it. They want you to drop more money and buy a new phone.

Upvote 0
yea, dream on lol. dont get your hopes up guys, even if they did release it, which i doubt, itll be the buggiest thing youll ever see in your life, all the problems original stock had were nothing compared to the b09 update, imagine what the upgrade to jb would do to it

hopefully by that time tho, we will already have jb :p

Reactions: mysticspiral
Upvote 0
Good luck getting an answer. Most of the lower end cell phone mfgr's don't update their phones, they just make new ones to force you to buy them, if you want updated software. Take the ZTE Warp for example. Can handle ICS, but they aren't going to release it. They want you to drop more money and buy a new phone.

I got a answer that the formal JB version will be released recently, within one month.

Any geek guys here can ask this technical support from ZTE for the source code?

Upvote 0
they may not be contractually bound this time, or maybe they werent in the first place they just said that to shut people up. who knows, they say that they are coming out with jb, but ill believe it when i see it, and may god have mercy on any poor soul who actually puts it on their phone :X but yea, as far as source code they wont give it to us, they seem to have some sort of problem with letting us fix their crapped up software

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones