1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support i have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickmills69, Mar 16, 2011.

1. nickmills69

nickmills69 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    i just got the droid x n have a couple of questions...im sure they have already ask but i hope someone can be nice n just help me out...one will be i have the advanced task killer and everytime i open the app to clear stuff out its running like all the apps ive downloaded...n when i clear it out within 30 mins they r all back...is that normal? if not what do i do to change that cuz it seems to drain my battery...

secondly my fone randomly restarts itself...another issue im having...is this normal for the x?

more will follow but for now this is all i can think of

Advertisement

2. nickmills69

nickmills69 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    just thought of another question...i had the iphone n whenever a update was ready itunes would tell u...how do i kno when there is a update for the x?

3. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Yes that is normal. Task killers are no longer needed for android 2.2. Android is design to manage its own memory. I advise uninstalling atk. The random restarts could be caused by the task killer. Try uninstalling first to see if it improves

4. nickmills69

nickmills69 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    thanks what about the last question?how do i kno if i have 2.2? and how do i know when there is a new update and how do i update the fone?

5. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    You can check your version number by going into settings>about phone>system version. Your phone will automatically prompt you when an OS update is available. You can also force your phone to check for updates by going into settings>about phone>system updates.