1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I have a empty Sprint account-how to set it up?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by JnEricsonx, Dec 20, 2013.

1. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I set up a Sprint account, or at least qualified for one, because I might get the Tab 3 deal. But, I don't even think I have a account number yet, or if I do, I don't remember. Should I just do live chat/call up Sprint and just get walked through setting it up/buying the tablet, etc? Because if you buy it online, there's no activation fee apparently. Also, can they just charge the tablet 50 dollar cost to my first bill?

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    I do not believe that you can charge the cost of the tablet to your first bill. The cost would be due at time of purchase online, and a credit/debit card would be required.
    At the time you purchase the tablet from Sprint, they should be able to help you set up an account which you will be able to access online, and they can do that through live chat, or by phone if you would prefer.

3. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Weird, cause the guy in the local store, when I first expressed a bit of reluctance to get it-and I'm still thinking about it, said he could charge it to my first bill, seeing as I had no money on me at the moment. So, was he just blowing smoke, or did he know something else?

4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    It may be that they have changed their policy and now allow that. I would go into that same store and make sure though. Also, it may be something they will do in store only.
    If you can indeed charge your device to your bill, please post it here as I am sure there are others that are unaware they have started allowing that now.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    It's been a while since I purchased a phone directly from Sprint, but from what I recall, it's possible if your credit allows for the device to be billed back to the account. I remember them offering that to me way back in 2006 or 2007 for a phone that I was upgrading.

Nowadays, I believe the only thing that prevents a phone from being billed back to an account is if there's a current balance/bill to be paid.

I could be completely wrong though, since it's been a while since I purchased directly from Sprint.