• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a list of packages on phone, how to extract just the application name android?

Adam Khan

Sep 27, 2018
I used adb command 'shell pm list packages' to get the name of all the packages installed on phone. i.e.

package:/system/priv-app/SamsungCalendarProvider/SamsungCalendarProvider.apk=com.android.providers.calendar.

It is currently stored in a notepad. Is it possible to get the actual name of the app for all the packages in list in notepad?

So for the above package, I want to be able to see the name Calendar?

Thanks

Try Comodo Backup it should give you a list of your apps com.android apps or you can try each application by trying to install it and the apps name will display before installing them

Thanks

Can I search the app name using the package? And is there no other solutions that I can use to extract app name from the package list I already have?

Upvote 0
Yes you extracting from your file manager and it should open them from that location with the name.

I have over 150 apps - it would take lot of time to manually follow through a package and find apps name hence I ran the command in question to extract all packages and use that as a starting point if possible to get app names:) surely there must be a simpler way!

Otherwise I will resort to what you suggest.

Upvote 0
I have over 150 apps - it would take lot of time to manually follow through a package and find apps name hence I ran the command in question to extract all packages and use that as a starting point if possible to get app names:) surely there must be a simpler way!

Otherwise I will resort to what you suggest.

Well you can also download APK info app from Google Play Store or

https://m.apkpure.com/apk-info/com.wt.apkinfo

After installing APK INFO App you can search Google Play Store for each pakeage name. But you're looking for a one click method am I correct? But I'm pretty sure the app link above will do the trick. Don't forget to hit the Like button if any method a member suggest fix your issues.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones