1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I have a problem with my battery with GT-S830L after i installed Jelly bean ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CesarOC, Mar 11, 2013.

1. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

I have recently installed Jelly bean(on this thread, the Beta 6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2011671) on my samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830L and installed the ROM .
    And now my battery drains out insanely fast, in less than a minute it already drains out 20% of the battery.

any suggestions on what to do?

EDIT:

Battery says 90% on screen and Wifi 10%, how is this posible? how can i make the screen to stop draining so much battery?

Advertisement

2. I had a similar problem: I installed CyanogenMod 9 (android4.0.4) and my battery was empty very fast.I solved this by installing cyanogen mod7 (Android 2.3.7) and an application to optimize battery

CesarOC likes this.
  3. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

Someone told me that I just need the battery to adapt to the new custom rom, at least 4 or 5 times charging it full for it to last longer..

4. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

This phone is not built to run android versions above 2.3, the 4.0+ versions are very graphic heavy systems, they consume a lot of ram and a lot of battery, you can never have the same battery performance with these like you used to get with gingerbread, its just not possible, you can use any number of apps, they cannot give you something that is not possible.
    If the battery life is a priority for you then its better that you stick with gingerbread based roms, there are several great GB based roms available(including CM7).
    For those who have gotten addicted to the 4.0+ systems(like me :p) need to compromise with battery life, there is no other option.
    Just for comparison, the battery life on moderate usage with GB roms is around 20hrs easily, but with ics or jb roms its around 15-17hrs. If you are a light user then you can easily take it upto a full day on 4.0+ roms. Give it a couple of days for a new rom to settle with the battery, still if you get less than this then either your battery is damaged or your rom is not properly flashed.

Note: You should always let the battery discharge to below 5% before charging it again, it keeps the battery healthy otherwise the battery will die out much sooner.

CesarOC likes this.
  5. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

Okay , thanks .

6. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

So at least 15-17 hours of battery you say? no, I did properly install the ROM :)

7. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

If your battery is depleting at a rate of 20% per minute then its quite obvious that the rom is not flashed properly or your battery is damaged, everyone else seems to be getting the proper battery life.

8. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

Well I used it yesterday , and I used it nonstop for 4 hours straight and the battery wasnt fully charged. Maybe the battery still adapting to this new rom, btw I only have like 2 days with this ROM.

9. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

I don't know what you are trying to say, all i told you was the battery should last about 15hrs, you can compare that with your own results. The battery performance on a rom depends on how you use it, how you have used the battery before and how you flashed the rom, now i don't know any of that about you, all i know is that i get 15hrs on ICS/JB with my phone on moderate usage.

10. CesarOC

CesarOC Newbie

pff you said it yourself " Give it a couple of days for a new rom to settle with the battery, still if you get less than this then either your battery is damaged or your rom is not properly flashed." Just that I said "adapt" to the battery , because I've recently installed this ROM....

11. Powie21

Powie21 Newbie

There are many variables as to why your battery life is poor. Its a new rom on your phone, it's an unofficial rom still in Beta, do you use sdext? phone wasn't designed for this type of rom etc,etc. They can all have an effect.
    Why not get in touch with the author of the rom via his thread. Wayland_ACE is a recognised developer and I'm sure he will be of help.