1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

I have a Q ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ali, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ali

ali New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Can I use the mytouch phone without the web service ? is it working if I put a simcard or line dose not include the internet web service of T-mobile ?
    I mean work as a usual phone device ??

Thanx

Advertisement

2. Lindsey23

Lindsey23 New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I don't think so. I think you must have a data plan.

3. UnderWhat?

UnderWhat? Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    You can cancel the data plan but there will be a big fee.

4. ali

ali New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    big fee for what ? for canceling the data plan ??

5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    If you purchased the phone on contract, the data feature is also under contract. Removing the feature will cause you to have to pay the ETF for that line.

6. DevinB

DevinB Active Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I ordered a MyTouch yesterday and asked the CS rep this exact question - there is no fee for canceling the data plan. Reports are that you need the plan to activate the phone, then after that you can remove the data plan and continue using the phone. Some people say some features are disabled (mms and OTA firmware updates, to name a couple) without the plan, but you can still use wifi.

7. Infamous

Infamous Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Why bother to purchase and or buy the phone if your not going to use it to its full potential? It makes no sense at all. You wont have a lot of things to use on your phone without the data plan.

8. JakeMG

JakeMG Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Technically, you can do all that stuff over wifi, so I guess without the data plan, it's functional. Why not just keep whatever phone you have and buy an iPod touch if that's the case?

9. bunny201092

bunny201092 New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    u can get somebody to put their sim card in ur phone that has the data plan to unlock the phone then put ur sim card in but u wont be able 2 get online or get into the market or basically do anything.... so u can only talk n text