1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I have a question about porting (newb)

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by HatesTheseCans, Dec 10, 2013.

1. HatesTheseCans

None

Aug 1, 2013
    Female
    Hi, I hit a wall with Metro today while trying to figure out why I wasn't eligible for any of the current rate plans. Well, my 3g phone was apparently a dinosaur and that's why. So, I went in and (needing a cheap-ish handset) picked up the Samsung Exhibit because it was on sale for $49. The catch was that was a new customers only kinda deal, so I had to get a new number to be able to afford the phone. Now, I am sitting here wondering if I go tomorrow and ask them to port my number from my old account to my new account, are they going to sneer at me and say no? The old account is still active, the bill isn't due for a week. The new phone is activated and working on its' own new number. Does anyone have experience with this?

Advertisement

2. nintendo4

nintendo4 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    Orlando FL
    Two weeks ago I had a Admire and upgraded to a Nexus 5. Bought the phone online and activated in store. That same day my old 3G Admire was still active. The next day around morning I got a text message that said "A change was made to your acccount. The new amount due is.." I also got another text " Account upgrade complete." I checked my old 3G admire to make a call; it was dead air Disconnected.

3. nintendo4

nintendo4 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    Orlando FL
    Its to late Now. But for future If you wanted to keep your old number you can port that number to google voice You'll have to pay $40. (porting fee, account your number added to Gmail.) Then diactivate your old phone. And get a new account.( This qualify s you for all promotions) Make sure to add call forwarding ur new account. Once home. download google voice app. So now Your old number is yours, and you have a new phone number.