• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a quick question.... please read.

I'm going to add my 2 cent but I have a G1, Cliq, and Mytouch 3g so will yes this phones is superior in speed and performance.
However I been thinking about going back to Mytouch3g just for the working GPS.
I have paid apps that require a GPS that I can't use, while i can use my inclinometer to still do my job I paid 30 dollars for an app that now worthless.
Using analogies to attempt to make your argument valid is ignorant because its not an apples to apples comparison.
This is a smartphone cellular market not desktop or game developers mixture.
If a person is having an a problem with their GPS or some other problem either check your attitude and try to help them or ignore the thread.
It isn't that hard to do, people were having issues in the Night picture test thread and everyone worked together and offered solutions.
This isn't your own personal forum it's a open to the public forum and people are going to have issues and want to vent, I would hope that you let people vent while in the process they may learn something or you may learn something. Keeping a close mind because you don't think others shouldn't expect more of their device is awful.

Going back to my days as a former moderator for PC Gamer forums I can tell you from experience that these angry threads are minor in comparison to threads I had to read through.

Reactions: Big Dog KMc
Upvote 0
It sounds like you just got the phone so you should be able to exchange it. Clearly your phone has some glitch(es) so you may want to consider an exchange. I use the Web a lot with a variety of Websites and to date no such issue.

As for the G2, well... You be the judge:
G2 Problems Start Surfacing: Loose Hinges and Some Units Shipping with Half the Promised Memory | Android Phone Fans

Yead I did. I'm debating though whetehr I really want to trade back for a new vibrant if the G2 is right ther though.

Since my target has a mobile kiosk, I was able to play with the G2 already, and I have to say, its pretty sick. I love the design and it feels like a much better build than the vibrant. I heard about the hinge problem, but when I tried the one at the kiosk, it was fine. Had it been broken, I wouldn't even consider as it probably wouldn't last very long. And the internal memory is a bummer, but I onlp plan on adding music and maybe some music videos, so the memory isn't really a killer. I'm also liking the physical keyboard. I really like gensoid, and its rather hard to play with vurtual keys. With the G2, there are physical keys which will make the gameplay much more enjoyable.

The big drawback for me is that 800 mhz. I really wish it would have been 1 ghz. That's why I want froyo so bad. So i can see the true capability of the vibrant running froyo compared to the g3 running froyo. The screen size was a drawback as well, but comparing the phones side by side, there isn't much of a difference. At least not as much as compared top the evo and the vibrant. Thanks for your input though.

Do yourself a favor:
1. Never use a task killer; they do more harm than good on Android phones (at least the newer ones).
2. Use a different browser like Dolphin, skyfire, or xscope.
3. Root your phone and remove the bloatware (you'll thank me later)
4. Flash your phone to a custom rom or a leaked rom.
Custom roms: Bionix roms or Eugene's roms (Bionix's roms are lightning fast)
Leaked roms: JI2-JI6 (all of them are good)
5. If you do flash to a custom or leaked rom; don't use the voodoo kernel lagfix as it is more for advanced users and you are new to the smartphone community (WELCOME:D)

Another suggestion is before you do any of this, go to the XDA Vibrant forum and do a little research (again you'll thank me later). Here's the link to get you started xda-forums

thx for all your input man, I appreciate it. Rooting is definitely on my mind, I'll have to see when I feel comfortable to do it though, I nevr have messed around with stuff like that before. What do you suggest to use instead of task killer? Or is it just better to let the battery drain?

Upvote 0
Well, honestly task killers tend to drain more of your battery than other apps or processes. You have to remember; this is an android phone which is Linux, not a Windows mobile phone. If you know anything about Linux, only the necessary processes run and all other unnecessary processes are killed automatically from Linux, where as Windows uses a task manager and you need to stop unnecessary processes running.

So with that being said, just let your phone run like normal. When you're ready to root, let me know and we'll take it from there and possibly flash your phone to a custom rom that does wonders with battery life

Upvote 0
As a former Behold II owner, and current Vibrant owner, I will only say one thing about how Samsung is handling things:

In the entire life of my B2 (November 2009 - June 2010), there were two virtually-nonexistant bugfixes, one leaked 1.6 and one official 1.6 from Samsung/T-Mobile

For the Galaxy S (all variants, mind you), there's been quite a few leaked updates, an official AT&T fix, announced fixes for T-Mo and Sprint, at LEAST one leaked Froyo (Maybe two?) the leaked JIx's, and what appears to be an actual Froyo release sometime in 2010 (Here's to hoping)

So overall, Samsung still sucks at getting REAL, SOLID updates out.... But the Galaxy S *IS* getting better love than the Behold II.

Now, whether it's enough, that's up to the end user ;->

Upvote 0
Well, honestly task killers tend to drain more of your battery than other apps or processes. You have to remember; this is an android phone which is Linux, not a Windows mobile phone. If you know anything about Linux, only the necessary processes run and all other unnecessary processes are killed automatically from Linux, where as Windows uses a task manager and you need to stop unnecessary processes running.

So with that being said, just let your phone run like normal. When you're ready to root, let me know and we'll take it from there and possibly flash your phone to a custom rom that does wonders with battery life

Thanks for your support man, but I'm pretty sold on the G2. I played with it at an official tmo store and really liked it. The build is solid, the keyboard works, and the videos are superb (i actually think streaming videos look crisper on the g2 than the vibrant when comparing them side by side. wonder if the vids will look better once the vibrant gets hspa, but who knows when that is). Worse comes to worse, I won't like the g2, and in that case ill just get another vibrant.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your support man, but I'm pretty sold on the G2. I played with it at an official tmo store and really liked it. The build is solid, the keyboard works, and the videos are superb (i actually think streaming videos look crisper on the g2 than the vibrant when comparing them side by side. wonder if the vids will look better once the vibrant gets hspa, but who knows when that is). Worse comes to worse, I won't like the g2, and in that case ill just get another vibrant.

Wait, Vibrant is going to get hspa?...I mean don't get me wrong that would be awesome but the way I understood it G2 was made mainly to promote their hspa+ and if Vibrant got it it would defeat their purpose wouldn't it?

I mean in the end the only things that make the G2 software even come close to the Vibrants is a) Froyo and b) hspa+.

Upvote 0
Wait, Vibrant is going to get hspa?...I mean don't get me wrong that would be awesome but the way I understood it G2 was made mainly to promote their hspa+ and if Vibrant got it it would defeat their purpose wouldn't it?

I mean in the end the only things that make the G2 software even come close to the Vibrants is a) Froyo and b) hspa+.

Played around with a G2, and was disappointed. Reading around, seems like alot of people are disappointed with it. Slide screen is loose, screen is too small...I had a G1 before my vibrant, and thought about holding out for the G2. But I like the Vibrant so much (after I bought one for my girlfriend's birthday), I just had to get one. The point I'm trying to drive is, if the G2 is BUST for T-Mobile, they're going to have to do something to keep their customers happy. Hence, hspa+ for the Vibrant...

Upvote 0
Played around with a G2, and was disappointed. Reading around, seems like alot of people are disappointed with it. Slide screen is loose, screen is too small...I had a G1 before my vibrant, and thought about holding out for the G2. But I like the Vibrant so much (after I bought one for my girlfriend's birthday), I just had to get one. The point I'm trying to drive is, if the G2 is BUST for T-Mobile, they're going to have to do something to keep their customers happy. Hence, hspa+ for the Vibrant...

True...is actuality they prob should have released G2 before Vibrant, because I know a Vibrant and from what I see it is hard for any phone to stack up to it.

Put I guess I have to give TMO some points for effort...I mean they did try to release a Phone that if was actually good would have probably brought them a lot more business.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones