1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I have an Epic 4g on Boost. Can someone extract the reboost app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garyflynn, Sep 24, 2011.

1. garyflynn

garyflynn Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    I have an epic-4g that has been altered to operate on the boost network. My question is about accessing the boost account so that I can add money and change account options from my phone.

I don't want to have to use my computer to access my boost account, but the javascript on the boost webpage makes it so I can't input my phone number.

How do native boost users access your accounts?

Can someone extract the apk of the reboost program so that I can try it on my epic?

Advertisement

2. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    Is that a Sprint phone that you altered? How did you do it? Tutorial? That said I'm pretty sure Boost only does 3g. Will you get 4g speeds or will you just have to deal with 3g?

Can I alter any CDMA phone to work on Boost?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread!

3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    I thought that reboost was just a widget, I get rid of it right away sorry. I access my account on the pc the much smaller screen(on the prevail) makes accessing it not as optimal :mad:

The only way to do it is by cloning a existing boost mobile phone's esn, and technically its illegal and I doubt this forum would let someone post a tutorial, But yes its a sprint phone, No 4g is not available, least not through boost but because its wimax you can get it through clearwire though I dont think you would like the price.
    You could alter many cdma phones, again by cloning an existing boost phone, but in many cases you would not want to. I believe the main requirement is that it runs on the same frequency as boost does.
    Sprint obviously does as we use sprint towers for boost service.

Metropcs has sprints frequency as they roam on sprint towers. other then that I am uncertain.

4. echo25

echo25 Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Summerville,SC
    the reboost icon you seen is not an app.... it is just a bookmark that was put on the main screen along with a voice mail shortcut. the only thing that n e one could give you would be the icons that you seen but you would have to go in and put them up your self. all you have to do it go to the web site and bookmark the page. sorry there is not a reboost app.

5. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    The store I work for sells Boost minutes. I buy my minutes from them. $50 at a time. They dont charge me tax and they give me back the commission they make on the deal.

So for $50 worth of money on my account I pay $45 since the commission they receive is 12%.

Sorry. I understand that does not help you but just thought it might give you an idea to find a store around you that sells Boost minutes.

6. new optimus

None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    if just getting the boost payment is all your curious about try calling mart.
    I pay $48.50 and get $50 put in my account.

7. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    Thanks for the info. on Calling Mart . :D

8. new optimus

None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    You are welcome.
    it is by far the best deal other then some sort of employee discount can get you.
    I just wish they had promo's on boost like they do on some of the other refills.

9. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    I've been meaning to let others partake in the discount that I get... Seeing that I've gotten a lot of help in these forums. $45 for $50 worth on the account is not a bad deal at all.

Only problem is I'm having a difficult time working out the payment arrangement. I'm sure no one wants to send me the $ first and I dont want to put the $ on the account first either seeing as the money goes straight to the phone and there's no pin receipt involved.

Cant think of an escrow like service...

10. new optimus

None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    try paypal?

I dont know if they have some sort of way of recovery. You are correct though, its a matter of trust, after a few stick there neck out and confirm your trustworthyness it will be easier lol:D