• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have found the easiest way to disable data throttling :)

good im glad its working for someone else too. it took me a long frustrating time to figure out how to do that in the right order, also try not to update your prl, i did and i had to repeat the process for some reason. and a good thing to note is to reverse all the changes to how it used to be before your data cycle restarts. so you can start fresh without any hassle to keep the throttle troll away. (my theory anyway)

Reactions: JohnOMcD
Upvote 0
so boost mobile strikes back, my phone went back down to throttle speeds,for the longest time i couldnt figure out how. but boost isnt gonna win this time :) i found how to get around this. i went to system settings>Data usage and scrolled down and found. couple apps that i never saw before called 10201 or 11085, 10056, 17713 ect.

what i did do to get around this is go back and unfreeze com,android.qualcomm. it seems that if that app is on it bypasses whatever app thatll take its place.
so go back to data usage and all the apps that seem wierd to you, like only having numbers in its name
click on them and restrict background data.

turn your data off
then go back to freeze com.android.Qualcomm
turn off your phone
take battery out for ten seconds.
reboot and wait till it finishes and then ookla speedtest :)
this work for me but on some things i may be wrong at so goodluck
i am now at 17GB of pure mobile usage lol
and boost mobile.. i win in your face

So I'm on super b13 and its not working for me any others on the same ROM

Upvote 0
Thanks earlymon but I already bypassed my proxies back before boost started throttling. So suprafreak, are you still having luck beating the throttle?

sorry for the late reply, i dont have the sequent anymore.
what seemed to work best for me is after you freeze the qualcomm app
try not to update the prl, disable access to all the programs such as 10741 or anything in that name under data usage. and press the connections optimizer. for me, pressing on connection optimizer brought up a failure screen but it reset my radio for some reason. and then i noticed back to normal speeds.
hopefully you guys can recreate all the small things and get the same results.

right now im trying to find a way to disable data throttling on the warp 4g
but im alil tied up testing hroarks cwms

Upvote 0
Not working. Got a little faster but still kbs

the reason why it got a little faster is because under data usage those programs (10471, 1170 ect) are background data sockets for ads on apps or feedback and auto update info. so limiting that and itll fee up some speeds. but try everything again and hit connections optimizer under mobile network settings

in all fairness i also had trouble getting back to speed after updating my prl.
but thats what seemed to work for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones