• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have FULL 3G service at home and work.. Should I leave Wifi on?

I've read several threads and still am not 100% clear. At home and at work, I have FULL 3G service (still no 4G in my area).

If I turn on my wifi at both places, will it use less battery? Particularly at work when get 50-100 emails during the day?

Yes, if I were you I would utilize Wifi at work and at home. Wifi uses less battery power than 3G. Why? Our phones are CDMA which mean they connect to a CDMA network. CDMA phones tend to utilize more power for a CDMA network because the phone constantly seeks out the BEST signal for you.

However, with Wifi your phone will not waste any battery searching for the best Wifi signal since you plan to only remain connected to one Wifi source.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones