1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I have Galasy S II LTE...what can i do to help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by polish_pat, Sep 20, 2011.

1. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie

Hey guys, in 8 days I will be the proud owner of a Galaxy S II LTE version, the one with the 4.5in screen, 1.5 dual-core CPU and NFC. I would like to know what can i do to help the community, will the actual ROMs work on my LTE version of the GS2? is there a way i can dump my stock rom so people can work on it??

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. justabrake

justabrake Member

I didn't know they were coming out so soon ! I also thought the LTE version was called S3 !

where did you buy from !

3. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

yeah I want to know too, where did you get it from?:thinking:

4. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie

Rogers Canada...they are the only company in the world that will have the GS2 LTE in 2011. The pre-orders started way back in august and i was one of the first ones to order them. I got a word they will be releasing the phone on Sept 28th at the same time they will activate LTE in Toronto.

According to Rogers' official listing, it's still the GS2 LTE and not GS3...the only thing not mentionned in the specs is the NFC capabilities but i can confirm thet are present in the phone.

[​IMG]

5. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Let us know if you get a full gig of ram lol (we get 833mb, but I'm sure that's just technology being it's classic self)

6. arrow201

arrow201 Member

Well, the first thing you can do to help the community is give us a review on
    your experience with it, especially the _real_ speeds you get with LTE, battery
    life, performance, so we can compare with the non-LTE G2 :)

7. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie

well i live in montreal and lte wont be activated before end of october. but ill surely review the gs2 lte