1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I Have Leak ICS 3.14.605.5 710RD, Can I Get .12 OTA?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DisneyWriter05, Aug 2, 2012.

1. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    I'm on .12 (3.14.605.12 71ORD, PRI 1.16_002.2.10_002)

I downloaded through Rapidshare and installed over the .10 Ruu leak.

FWIW
    DLM

Advertisement

2. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco

There's a post earlier in this thread with a link to Android Central saying it's a faster download than Android Police (which, by the way, is the one that did not work for me... sorry, I forget which mirror I used).

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    Thanks, I tried that link but it just takes me to a forum and I can't find the RUU link there. I down loaded the one from Android Police again and still get the same result, files missing and it wants to reboot to the .10 leak. I'll have to keep searching.

4. Corki2

Corki2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Business Owner
    FL
  5. AeolianReflex

None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    Got it! I had to unzip the file before moving it to my phones sd card.
    Seems about the same as .10 but the sd card bug is gone and it is mounting automatically now.

6. dzuchowski

dzuchowski Member
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    No update for u said the soup natzi from seinfield

7. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    PTS Manufacturing Technologist, Ithaco Space Syste
    Spencer, New York
    If we get it, it will be at the end of the list most likely. It could happen, but you may want to just install the 3.14.605.12 RUU instead.

If you would rather have the OTA, you will want a good WiFi or 4G connection. Then, try wiping the GSF data under Settings > Applications > All and finding Google Services Framework. (I will try this tomorrow and report back to you.)

If that doesn't work, you could factory reset and see what happens.

After that, your best option is to sideload it just like you did with the .10 leak. But I'd just wait it out until the middle of September... It should come to your phone automatically after 45 days if you aren't rooted, hboot is still locked, and you're S-ON.

8. lawizard

lawizard Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Attorney/writer
    Western, NC
    The one from XDA developers is 598.58 MB and the one from Android Police is 627.66 MB is there a particular reason why one is bigger than the other?

9. AeolianReflex

None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    I was downloading both and even though the one from Android Police says it is 627 MB, when it starts downloading my download manager said that it is only 599 MB so I used the one from XDA instead because the download was much faster.
    I did however have to unzip the one from XDA to get it to install.

10. lawizard

lawizard Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Attorney/writer
    Western, NC
    I have redownloaded the zip file several times using different mirrors and from both Android Police and XDA. I can't get .12 to flash over my .10 leak. I have tried everything and each time I hold down the volume down button and then press power, I get something that comes up that the images aren't there and then it goes to Fastboot (which is turned off). Any suggestions?

11. luvthegun

luvthegun Newbie
    None

I am very new at this. But I deleted the .10 file from my phone via laptop. Then dropped new file in removable drive G. I did not have any problems at all. Beginners luck? Lol

12. TheMortallyWounded

None

Mar 11, 2010
    Spencer, New York
    Just to update:

I am running the .10 leak. I tried to get the OTA to push to my phone by first, clearing Google Services Framework data. No luck. Tried a factory reset. No luck. I'm pretty sure NightAngel is right... You can't get the OTA pushed to you running the leak, rooted/unlocked/s-off or not. Any contradictory experiences?

Anybody have a link to an uncrippled .12 leak download?

13. AeolianReflex

None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    ICS is live! - xda-developers
    Once you download it to your pc unzip it and use the unzipped file (which is still a zip file). Rename the file PH98IMG.ZIP and put it in the root of your ad card. Make are tha fast boot is turned off and shut down the phone. Press and hold the volume down button and restart the phone. Follow the instructions and be patient. This will wipe the onboard memory but not the sd card so back up any data that you don't want to lose before beginning.

14. chrisosaur

chrisosaur Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2012
    has anyone who was on the .10 leak updated to the official OTA .12 version and noticed any differences? i have everything set up the way i like and if there aren't any differences that i can't live without i'd rather not reflash and do it all again. thanks

15. AeolianReflex

None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    It's a tough choice to make if .10 is running good for you. Everything is basically the same between the two as far as I can tell. My phone was sluggish and had a few quirks like the sd card not mounting and apps taking forever to load and .12 cleared up those problems. Phone calls seem to be easier on the battery but battery life may be a little worse overall for me. I am running Apex launcher so my screens were easy to back up and I saved all of my apps and settings to my sd card so it was simple to re-install them. I probably didn't help you much but those are my experiences with .12.

16. TheMortallyWounded

None

Mar 11, 2010
    Spencer, New York
    If you installed .10, you may as well install .12 at your convenience. I'll see if I can upload my PH98IMG.zip file to a decent web-hosting site (not one of those "crippled-unless-you-pay" sites for everyone. I'm even considering making it public on my Google Drive, but I'm not sure if that's the best option. I haven't looked into it closely enough. I'd really like to get all of the OTA leaks and package them togwther. Open-source, baby... Sure, HGC put a lot of work into them, but they're not charging for the updates and neither am I, so what's wrong with that?

17. gruss

gruss Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    There was a torrent floating around with the .12 leak that was really fast. I don't think I"m seeding anymore, kids always shut off my pc at home but that was by far the fastest of the links. I haven't installed it yet.

Tags: