1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I have lost my S pen of Galaxy Note 2.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drtat, Dec 12, 2013.

1. drtat

drtat Lurker

I have lost my Galaxy Note 2 S pen.I could not carry out any s note application and could not take any screen shot.Any help from the forum is appreciated.Thank you.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!
    unfortunately only the s-pen will work with any of s applications.....you will need to buy another s-pen. you can find it online or go to best buy to get it.

3. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Android Enthusiast

Out of curiosity-HOW? If its not in my hand, its in my GN2.

4. Thread moved to forum dedicated to discussing the Note 2.

... Thom

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. gbsa

gbsa Android Enthusiast

That's why I have a back up s-pen. Bought it off eBay works well. Paid less than 20 for it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. drtat

drtat Lurker

Thank you for u r response.Let me fish out new pen from the market.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. drtat

drtat Lurker

Thank u for u r suggestion.Let me buy new one.

8. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

You can still use the S Note with your finger or capacitive stylus. When you have a new note or editing a note, make sure capacitive input is enabled. On the bottom right corner of the screen, you should see a pointed finger icon. This turns the capacitive input on our off by tapping the icon.

To take a screen shot without the pen, turn on motion sensor and enable palm swipe to capture.

But overall, I find our easier to use the S Pen. I'm currently using the S Pen with eraser with my Note 2.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

I lost mine a few weeks ago. Bought one on eBay for ten bucks free shipping and got it in two days. I think the carriers charge a ridiculous 30 bucks. Anyway as it turns out I found my lost pen at work. Just forgot to stick it back in I guess. Now I've got two.

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Ok the one burning question is did you guys enable the phone to let an alarm go off if the pen was detached? If so then it obviously didn't work ;)

11. drtat

drtat Lurker

Thank you Neo Grandizer, let me try.how about screen capture of the screen page?

ocnbrze likes this.
  12. drtat

drtat Lurker

Thank you Neo.screen shot capture tech?Till I get a new pen fun to experiment! ! Hi!!!

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. NeoGrandizer

Won't work for me since I use the S Pen with eraser. Which means the S Pen is still housed in the Note 2... :p

Press the menu key (beside the physical home button). Select System settings. Look for 'Motion' setting. Turn it on. Tap on the word Motion and it will bring up the different things you can do with the motion sensors. Look through them and enable whatever you want to experiment with.

I love the quick glance feature for example. ;)

14. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast

Note Buddy is an additional option.

NeoGrandizer likes this.
  15. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

I also lost mine. I dropped my phone and all the pieces went flying including the pen which I think ended up under my stove somewhere. Thankfully, my phone still works fine and the screen didn't shatter. I was able to find another S Pen on ebay for about $5, however, look for an authentic or genuine Samsung pen. Otherwise you will get a generic or knock off pen. Most work fine if you don't care. I just prefer having an authentic pen.

16. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Also, you don't need the pen to take a screen shot. You can swipe your hand over the screen which takes some practice, but I have done it. There is another way as well, but I forgot it.

17. NeoGrandizer

Press the Power and Home buttons simultaneously and for a second. I don't go this route because it will wear down the physical buttons faster.

18. Peaches037

Peaches037 Well-Known Member

You can find s pens on Amazon for reasonable prices..

Peaches Galaxy Note III

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews