1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i have questions about unlocking my note 5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by the13bats, Oct 18, 2018.

1. the13bats

the13bats Newbie

We have been with at&t many years but for many reasons are considering jumping ship,
    So i wanted to get my note 5 unlocked, after a few run around games with att i have the unlock code,

If i am understanding the unlock process i have to remove the att sim and install a sim from say t mobile and start my phone and then it will ask for the unlock code att gave me and my phone will be unlocked,

I am very OCD and i have questions i cant seem to find answers to hunting on google but i bet some of you can help me.

Why do i have to install a non att sim to unlock my phone?

After its unlocked when i reinstall my att sim will it function as it did before unlocking?

Many thanks
    cheers
    b

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Putting in a 3rd party sim starts the software mechanism that asks for the code....

And after you unlock the device you can put your original SIM card in and carry on exactlyas before, but now with the ability to use a different sim card any time you like

lunatic59, Dannydet and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Just to be clear, once a phone is carrier-unlocked it remains that way forever. Unlock it and you can swap SIM cards with impunity.

Jfalls63 and psionandy like this.
  4. the13bats

the13bats Newbie

Many thanks,
    Sounds good, now just to beg att into giving me the unlock code,

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews