• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
Upvote 0
So if we don't do the unrevoked root, after we install 2.2 OTA, how long will it be until an unrevoked root method will be developed again for Inc 2.2?

You do realize that is sort of like asking how long until we develop Nuclear Fusion Power Generation? We think it can be done. We think we have most everything we need, it just has to be done. However, we can't know until it actually IS done.

IE: No one knows, and no one will until AFTER it has happened.

PS: Just noticed who I was replying to :O Shouldn't you know better Jamor?:p Tsk Tsk.

Upvote 0
Ok the cow said... (hehe cow) the cow said... that the update is expected to round off on the 29-31, when asked what that means he said the 29 is when it starts (said he got it from tech support). Also I asked him whats included and went though what we already know.
Oh and Cincy73 I asked your question just to be sure for ya buddy and he said that they will rollover onto the new version and some may be incompatible and will just sit there till they are updated so that they are compatible.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
for those who haven't rooted yet, now is actually a pretty good time. i had been holding off rooting for no good reason basically. now that the official is out this is a good opportunity to root for the first time and load the official os at the same time.

today i decided to root (using unrevoked3) just in case there's something baked into this release that causes future headaches in terms of getting root access. being able to nandroid and have su permissions will also come in very handy.

either way it's good to see that the wait is almost over for all those feinding for some froyo. :)

Upvote 0
for those who haven't rooted yet, now is actually a pretty good time. i had been holding off rooting for no good reason basically. now that the official is out this is a good opportunity to root for the first time and load the official os at the same time.

today i decided to root (using unrevoked3) just in case there's something baked into this release that causes future headaches in terms of getting root access. being able to nandroid and have su permissions will also come in very handy.

either way it's good to see that the wait is almost over for all those feinding for some froyo. :)

You do NOT need root to use the current RUU. Granted, if you want root after the update, you need to do it now.

Upvote 0

Please tell me what guide you used? Im super-noob but do want to do it.

thx

Upvote 0
I personally, have had S-OFF since release, and just downgraded back to stock recovery patiently waiting for the OTA 2.2 to come to my phone, I was on 2.1 anyway, so it isn't that big of a deal for me to wait esp. knowing it IS def coming, and that I WILL still have root after wards. unrevoked is the best.

Ok...so just want to confirm since this is my first time rooting!

I have S-OFF, the 2.15 radio and running SkyRaider. If I flash back to the stock recovery I should be able to get the OTA? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly! :eek:

Upvote 0
Just because the same person posted the same thing somewhere else does not mean it needs to be locked and deleted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as skeptical as anyone...but he is within his rights to post this claim, and has not violated anything.

Besides, sooner or later....someone is going to pop up with real information that is actually correct, and everyone is going to call BS. ( Boy who cried wolf anyone? )

Ah you are so right! I was totally 100% correct, and it was released today as stated. At least some people pause before jumping to conclusions. Thanks...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones