• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have sent mine back

Hi, just thought I'd add my experience

As a first time user of Andorid, I have enjoyed "getting to know" the system and at the same time making the Desire far more desirable - extended battery life, smoother email use, screen brightness managment etc to name a few.

I can confirm that i have no problems connecting the phone with my parrott kit (mki9200) and that said the voice dialling is intergrated with the car kit and so no problems there also.

The speaker is rubbish, I agree and comming from nokia 5800 xpress music have really noticed the difference but, I guess if manufactures made everything perfect in a phone then we wouldnt bother replacing it. sad but true fact of 21st century capitalism.

I am another desire user who is happy with the phone and all it offers and am looking forwd to how future updates (t-mobile) change/improve the way the phone works.
exactly the same here, coming from a nokia background and last one was an E71, took some getting used too etc, but that was the fun, downloaded apps i 'needed', sorted battery usage out, emails, messages all smooth now, no clutter on phone, only apps i need, widgets i need, screen brightness adjusted, mobile adta on only when i need it, wifi on only when i need it etc etc etc, battery last up too 2 full days now. and thats with real use too.

Upvote 0
What threads like this tell us is that people REALLY need to research their next phone rather just buying the first thing that catches their eye in the shop!

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone buying a device only to find it doesn't do what they want. There are so many ways to research these things, there is simply no excuse.

I spent several weeks reading up about smartphones before deciding on the Desire and because of that I have the best phone I've ever owned. It does exactly what I want because I made sure I knew about its pro's and con's before I signed up.

It really grates with me that people feel the need to complain about this handset when, in fact, the real problem isn't the phone, it's the user. You can blame the phone all you want but the real problem is that you bought the wrong handset for your needs.

If this seems a little harsh, well, next time do your homework before buying. Then you won't have to join forums just to whinge will you?
too right, exactly. end of

Upvote 0
Read this before you sign up for one. I have sent my Desire back after 3 days. Why? I run a building business and am a heavy phone user. The battery was flat after half a day probably 1 hours worth of speach only. It would not work correctly in my car with my Parrott hands free, apart from anything else it requested authority to reconnect every time I returned to the car. It does not support voice tags which makes using the phone while driving dangerous. I wanted to read emails while out of the office. The complexity involved in connecting it to my PC is absurd. It is almost impossible to see the screen when outside on a sunny day. The internal loud speaker is terribly scratchy. If you are a technically skilled and work indoors I am sure that it would be ok especially if you can keep it plugged in. But as a mobile outdoor business tool it is hopeless.

1. You need to recharge your battery up and down for a week.

2. Rubbish. You get more than 1 hours talk time even on first opening it.

3. Stop it from requesting authoirity, then.

4. It does support voice tags.

5. You can read e-mails outside of the office.

6. Connecting to a PC is ridiculously easy.

7. You're clearly not technically skilled.

Upvote 0
As a Canadian, and a graduate of the University of Waterloo, I'd just like to say BUY A BLACKBERRY!! Actually, buy one for all your employees. Pay someone to set it up to do what you want. Be happy with a phone that always works and gets you calls, contacts and emails, with some occasional web browsing.

I love this phone, but no one here will tell you its a good business phone. The battery can be unrelyable, the screen can be hard to read if you can't get some shade. The speakerphone is lackluster.

If you are still reading this, save yourself some headaches and pay someone to set up your phone and PC to do what you want. Seems like you don't want to be installing new apps all the time and pushing the limits of what a phone can do. If this is the case you would only need it set up once, and they will do it the right way.

Upvote 0
don't think he's reading the thread anymore. he probably registered, posted his complaint (1 post to date) and left

Isn't that the definition of a troll? The dude's complaints seem valid enough, even though he appears about as computer-literate as a bag of bricks, but hit-and-run complaints is pretty much de facto troll behavior.

The media player supplied (certainly with mine) is rubbish. I don't know much about it other than it's a green musical note.

It's a media player. It manages albums. It plays media. What are you on about?

The Media app doesnt even seem to have equalizer settings.

There's an app for that.

Great, I already own the album.. I'll buy it again? I don't understand this logic.

You deserve everything you get if you're stupid enough to buy DRM-protected media. Buying DRM-protected products signals that you love to eat corporate feces for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until you're up to your eyeballs in brown. Congrats. That or you're too incompetent to convert your own media.

So what's it good for ? Surfing the net, that's good. But battery life really prevents me doing too much.. The phone is on my desk all day on charge from my hour and half trip in to work, and of course it's on silent cos that's office

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones