1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I have the slowest data connection of anyone in this group!! Why!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MisterParadox, Aug 9, 2012.

1. MisterParadox

MisterParadox Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I have researched EVERY tweak, script, PRL, ROM, possible to increase my data speed but I am still at the bottom end of every thread I have seen. I have reset the sprint.pcs to 0's, I have run the scripts needed to increase phone performance (except for 3g Turbo as it was not recommended for CTMod, which I am running), I have spent hours changing out PRL's until I could find at least a decent speed (I am running 12123 prl now) and yet I cannot see any speed over 30 Kps until after midnight. Have I missed something, done something wrong? Why is my data speed so slow? I use my phone for my Internet connection via wifi tether and this is as slow as dial up (times are tough and I can't afford an Internet provider). Do I just need to accept these speeds for a 3g network? Why? Every Prevail user in this group has had double or triple increases in their speeds! Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

(I am running CTMod 3.68 Kouma Kernel 2.5)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Not enough towers
    Too many people in your area with boost
    Crappy signal

At my house i get 1.5 -2.5 mbps all day

At my brothers I'm luck to get 200kbps

At my dads it's all over the place.

Your problem is location... Location location location... Lol

3. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

.........or, since you're thethering ( exclusively all the time ), Boost has throttled your connection....... Just another possibility !

4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Lol

Or that ^ :thumbup:

5. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Android Enthusiast

still 1x in my town. 40k-90k. i know every wifi hotspot within 15 miles.

edit: i mean to say that's for a contract account as well. no 3g for a little ways and i get far less speeds. in fact i haven't tried to use cell data in months. painful.

6. MisterParadox

I was still getting these sames speeds long before I was tethering. In fact, I have only recently needed to tether because I had moved. Before I had access to my neighbors wireless.

7. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Check the app OpenSignalMaps to learn more about your closest antenna/tower.

8. MisterParadox

I have used Open Signal before and after I "refreshed" it seemed to say my signal strength increased but there was no real difference. Why would knowing where the closest tower is deal with my data speed issues anyways? All that Open Signal does is show you where a tower is and direct you to walk towards it to aid in signal loss.

9. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

It has a lot to do brutha,
    Here's an example. You can't get wifi from micky deez in Los Angeles if you live in new York.
    Signal either it be voice or data is received by towers. So start hugging some (fake) trees or palm trees. Cause your gonna have to learn to love em'.
    But don't develop any Dendrophilia, we arnt certified to help with that. :p
    Towers connect you to what ever you do on the phone.
    If your not clowe enough to one of the towers. You'll have weak signal and weak signal means slow connection.
    So towers have to do a lot with it.
    I live close to three towers. (They form a triangle and I'm inside) and yet I feel like I get crappy speeds. So its not juat you.
    By the way I'm walking distance to the towers. So its pretty crappy I don't get atleast 5megs of speed. XP

10. riflez

riflez Well-Known Member

e1Ok so i was in thtat same cituation.i went thru every single rom and changed what i thought would speed up my connection. in many roms besides ct mod the internal throttle within data/system/ is still in there.i dont know what it is about vocoder changes that speed up ct mod 2.5 but they deffi;);)sately workt. it seems like an old version but it has twhat it takes for your speed needs. i didnt do much to it either. all i did was use prl 01115 i believe, change the vocoders make changes in the build prop to optimizn try it out. take your time look the secret menu comes thru. i was pulling 1.7 mbs at all times during the day.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews