1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I have to delete each text to send another text

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mnssmm, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mnssmm

mnssmm Lurker

Hi,

For one particular number, I have to delete all history to send a text

for example

I send text to xyz number
    they respond to me

I have to delete my first text and their response to send another text. Other wise, it says message not sent and failed.

this happens only with one particular number. To all other numbers i dont have any issues.Also this started happend only from last week.

I just cant figure out how to fix this. Any help?

Phone : GT-S5830
    Android version 2.3.4

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello mnssmm, and welcome to the forums. :)

That seems like an odd thing to happen, being only one number in particular that is exhibiting that issue.

Is that number the only one in that area code or international code that you can text to? If so, it may have something to do with the protocol of that region/carrier, etc.

If it is the same area or national code as some others, and the others do not show that error message, then maybe it's a matter of you clearing all cache and data in the messaging app, uninstalling it and reinstalling it after a reboot.

I'd suggest trying another 3rd party messaging app first, though.

And be sure to back up all contacts prior to removing data in those apps. ;)

3. mnssmm

mnssmm Lurker

Thanks

yes

Its local number with different career

I tried the factory reset. Still the problem remains.

Not sure how to try with 3 party app? Cuz this is just texting. I dont use any special application.

I will. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews