• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have tried everything to get it to connect to my computer and still have gotten nowhere!

Wayn3t3ch

Lurker
Nov 27, 2012
I am new to these forums and I know i should look for a similar thread but I'm super frustrated with this phone. I got it this phone on ebay (Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 running stock 2.3.5.) It has never been rooted. I have tried installing and re-installing kies as well as the drivers. Iv'e tried usb debugging and 3 different cables (all samsung). I've cleaned the usb port, tried different usb ports and different computers. I've been through every forum possible and tried every bit of trouble shooting possible. I just want to update my phone, can anybody help?

**Also, I have done a factory reset twice and tried it with an unmounted SD card

I have a $10.00 generic USB cable that I got at Wal-Mart. It works great. Maybe try that? I saw that you said you'd tried 3 different Samsung cables but perhaps there's something with the Samsung cables that isn't quite right.

I don't know anything about putting the files on your SD card to update.

Best of luck! I hope you can get it all figured out.

Reactions: Wayn3t3ch
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones