1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I Heard No Gorilla Glass?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asuprice, Nov 6, 2011.

1. asuprice

asuprice Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Teacher
    Charlotte, NC
    My AT&T rep told me today when I bought this that it didn't have Gorilla Glass. Can anyone verify this?

Advertisement

2. nkd

nkd Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Almost all the recent HTC phones have used gorilla glass, even if they didn't use it, I really don't care it looks like pretty sold glass to me.

Usually Corning wont update their website for a few weeks after the phone has been out, at that point we will truly find out if it is using gorilla glass or not.

3. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Dropped my Vivid today from about 3.5 feet onto a hard tile in the bathroom. Not sure exactly how it hit but the back popped off and the batter ejected. There was not a scratch or dent on the phone. Still in perfect condition... no case.... allthough i wouldnt plan on recreating this as the next time may prove to have different results.

4. Deepsun

Deepsun Newbie
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    This made me a little sick, but it's also great that nothing happened. So no scratches on the screen?

5. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    No scratches on the phone at all. It was smooth tile anyway. I doubt it would have scrathced the screen.

6. smcmackin

smcmackin Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    The glass on the Vivid does seem to be pretty tough, although, I had it sitting on the bathroom counter overnight and the alarm went off in the morning and it vibrated off the counter on to the hard ceramic tile. Must've caught a corner just right because the case was a little off at the bottom and there was a very small chip in the lower right corner. Getting a case real soon and thankful the screen didn't scratch...

Tags: