1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support I just got a software upgrade on my Vibrant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dawniedoodle, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dawniedoodle

dawniedoodle Lurker

I got a notice that there was a software upgrade and I did it and it rebooted and then a notice said force close. Did my upgrade not go through? What was the software version before and what should it be now? It says 2.1-update1 right now. If that's the current one then what would have needed to force close. If this is the current upgrade, what did it give me?

Advertisement

2. dawniedoodle

dawniedoodle Lurker

also, I'm seeing everything that is talking about the Froyo upgrade if you have build number T959UVJI6 or if you are still using build T959UVJFD and how the download via this software you download on your pc is different for those build numbers. My build number is ECLAIR.UVKA2 and baseband version T959UVKA2. How is that different to get the Froyo? I don't think the on air software upgrade for Eclair worked since I'm seeing 2.1 is the most current but I don't get anything to try it again just for Eclair. Can someone give a blonde version of an answer instead of all the different answers I'm seeing everywhere?

3. zilla19

zilla19 Well-Known Member

I don't know what update/upgrade you received over the air, but it's not Froyo/2.2. If you did, your firmware version would say 2.2. The previous firmware was 2.1 and baseland version T959UVJI6, which is what you have now.

For now, I think you can only upgrade to 2.2 manually through Kies mini; it is not over the air upgrade. You can follow T-Mobile's instructions here:

Samsung Vibrant software upgrade to Android 2.2 (F... - T-Mobile Community

egillette likes this.
  4. dawniedoodle

dawniedoodle Lurker

I don't have the JI6...I have the KA2. I know it wasn't the Froyo upgrade but it was something that came and didn't complete. It's the JI6 vs. KA2 that's not following anything. It seems there are different instructions if you have JI6 and nothing says anything about the KA2 so I'm assuming any other instructions from Eclair are what I should follow? Seriously...this seems rather lazy of Samsung to make everyone have to go through all this mess. Is it really worth it?

5. egillette

egillette Lurker

Yeah, I just got the same update. . .trying to figure out what the heck it is. . .

6. dawniedoodle

dawniedoodle Lurker

Really? Did yours complete or did you get a force close on it?