1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I just got an atrix today!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morejaylesswar, Apr 15, 2011.

1. morejaylesswar

None

Mar 12, 2011
    I just bought my first ever android phone and it's an atrix. I don't know much about the android os or what I can really do with it. I've had iphones and blackberrys as every smarthone I've ever owned. Well actually I had a Samsung blackjack. Anyway, I have the atrix with the doc, keyboard and mouse. I figure this would be a good place to start.

What should I expect with this device and the android operating system?

Advertisement

2. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    this is my first android phone too..welcome to the club...i came from an ipod video --> ipod touch --> iphone 4 --> atrix 4g....first thign I learned was to root it with the script..(with the update..check sticky)...then I put gingerblur on it...loving it since!

3. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    Welcome to Android. The Atrix is also my first android phone. Coming from the HTC Fuze and the Samsung BlackJack before that.

4. morejaylesswar

None

Mar 12, 2011
    Rooting is so new to me. Now Jailbreaking? That's rather easy. I can do it in my sleep. Im anxious to see what that's about, though.

5. morejaylesswar

None

Mar 12, 2011
    I had a blackjack for all of a month until I bought the original iphone and I've had one ever since. I was going to get.the thunderbolt, but I got really like.the atrix. Im interested in all things android. I never thought id day that coming from being an apple snob.

6. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Restaurant General Manager
    Tucson Arizona
    Congrats on your purchase, I too came from a iPhone, actually a iPhone 4 and find that the atrix is a much better device for my needs. It feels faster, more options for control and I was able to find all the apps that I need to keep my work flow going like I did on the iPhone. Great Stuff!