• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just got the LG V30...why is the camera so bad?

I am less than a month with the V30 after having used nothing but Windows phones for the last umpteen years. I go to lots of concerts in big and small venues This camera sucks in auto mode. I can't get a decent shot ever. And I used to always get excellent concert shots. Yes, I could go manual but in the middle of a show the last thing I want to have to do for *every* shot is fiddle with settings and annoy everyone around me. So disappointing. I have gotten some excellent daytime natural light shots for sure. I should have realized something was suspicious when all the YouTube reviews mostly talked about manual video mode. I guess I will have to bring my Lumia 950 to shows and carry 2 devices. I expected better from a 'flagship' phone.

Upvote 0
Hello Group,
It seems that there are some good LG V30 and some "just Ok" LG V30's out there as I have been in a lot of LG V30 forums and I see pretty much the same comments. Some people love the camera and some say its terrible and all most all say other the the camera its a great phone.

I really want to get this one but reading so many bad things had made me wonder about it though. Maybe the LG V30+ will do it however the new LG G7 ThinQ thats coming out was doing it for me until I saw its battery has less power then the LG V30.

Regards,
Jake

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones