1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I just got the phone and I have a few questions..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poweranimals, May 10, 2011.

1. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Okay so I just got this phone yesterday and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring everything out. There are a few questions right off the top of my head.

-How do I shut down the GPS? I was running it and I wasn't sure how to close it. When I left to go back to the main screen and ran other programs it continued to run in the background and kept telling me where I needed to go. It's currently shut down only because I powered down my phone for a minute but it'd be nice if I didn't have to do that in the future.

-Is there a way to get the screen to shut off every few seconds of inactivity? I can understand if I don't have any programs on the screen at the moment but like I'll be reading something and it will shut off and I have to keep hitting the button on the side and then dragging to unlock. I know my last phone wuld usually keep tbe screen on if I had like internet browser for instance open.

-How do I bring up my call history? I stumbled into it once after clicking on a missed alert but for the life of me I can't figure out to bring it up whenever I want.

How do I delete programs from applications. I downloaded a program that I don't need and was going to get rid of it but can't figure out how. I figured out how delete from the desktop but not the applications menu.
    Also I temporarily turned off the option of blocking non-market apps so I could download a certain program and I'm having trouble figuring out to turn it back on so I don't accidentally download a virus or something.

-How do I change the email address for the email program? I was able to figure out just about everything but that. I'm also wondering if there's a way to have more than one email address attached. On my previous phone, I had a few different accounts that I could switch between.

Overall, I'm liking the phone though but it's taking some getting used to. It took me forever just to figure out how to answer a phone call. Anyway.. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Well to shut the GPS slide down the notification area and hit the 3rd button from the left called GPS. I think you are talking about navigation so in that case opne up navigation, hit the menu soft button which is the left most button, and tap exit navigation.

I use the xScope browser and I can go into settings and check Keep Screen On but I don't see such a setting on the default browser.

Click the Phone icon and across the top there is keypad, Logs, Favorites, and Contacts. Click Logs and you are there.

To delete the application go to settings -> Applications -> Manage applications then select and app and tap uninstall. To remove them from the home screen just long press the application until a trash bin appears at the bottom of the screen, drag the app to the bin.

Open up the email app, press the menu soft button, tap accounts, press the soft button, tab Add Account. To add more then one address try placing a ";" without the quotes between the addresses.

Hope I was able to help.

3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    settings >display > timeout

you can set it to whatever, stock is 30 seconds

4. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Ah forgot about that, thanks.

5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Thanks a lot guys. That was actually quite a bit of help. I'm starting really get into the groove of this phone. Any other tips you can think of would be appreciated as well.