1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I just had a weird glitch!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GomerBoy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. GomerBoy

GomerBoy Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    My volume was up the whole way and someone was calling me, but my ringer was not going off. So I answered the call but I heard nothing on the other end. So I ended the call and began to press icons on my phone to see if there was that normal clicking sound...there was no sound at all. No sound coming out of the speaker!:thinking: So I turned off my phone and tried to turn it back on, but it would not turn back on. So I finally pulled the battery and my phone turned back on with the sound working again...now my phone is back to normal. Such a weird glitch! Has anyone else had this glitch happen to their Epic?

Advertisement

2. djsdaman84

djsdaman84 Newbie
    None

May 30, 2010
    The same thing happens to my phone from time to time. I tried process of elimination and discovered that when i unplug my aux. cable (connects my phone to my car stereo through the headphone jack) that the system sounds are completely silenced as well as all my ringers. Its like the phone doesnt recognize that the cord was removed. Only fix i have found is restarting the phone as well but no battery pull. I should also mention this happens about half the time not every time.

3. GomerBoy

GomerBoy Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    So there is nothing wrong with my phone as long as this does not happen very often?

4. djsdaman84

djsdaman84 Newbie
    None

May 30, 2010
    I dont believe so, no other problems with mine so far and i noticed the problem several months ago. i think future updates may solve the problem as this isnt the first post i have seen about this. Fingers crossed;-)

5. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Interesting! Mine did that to me about 2 days ago!

It's never done that before, and has been fine ever since.

-SF