• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I just had to push it...now I've screwed it all up

Don't update.zip between different developers. You are correct a nandroid restore is a safer option.

Keep in mind that that changing rom versions isn't the only time update.zip is used. It is used to change kernels used for overclocking, removing unwanted programs, installing single apps.....

Upvote 0
This is awesome. THANKED. To be quite honest, I really enjoy Adamz's SG...the main reason why I'm still messing around is because it really pisses me off that the default screen is #2 instead of the middle one (#3) -- how ghey is that??
Thanks man...I'll get this.

Its actually number 3... If you boot your phone up it goes to 3. Just move the stuff on 2 over to 3 and you should be good.

Upvote 0
The folders inside the Nandroid folder were your backups... You wrote over them and now they don't work for that reason.

If you want to go back now you will have to use someone elses backup that is just stock or sbf your phone.

I didn't overwrite anything (to the best of my knowledge anyway). And I have no idea why the default screen was #2, but no matter what I did, it remained that way.
In the end, it doesn't matter...Smoked Glassv5.0.1 is now installed and is friggin awesome.

Upvote 0
I tend to name the original ROMs as I obtained them {name}{version}original (sans braces) and then rename my personal backups of same ROM as {name}{version}Full (again, sans braces).

note the lack of any spaces, underscores, whatnot - this allows me to see easily which one I am restoring from.

I also only keep he most current ones of the Originals in the folder....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones