• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just peed in my pants a little ...(star trek trailer)

I m not a Treky or trekie or what have you, but I have a question. In the last ST movie, we met Spock, Kirk, McCoy and the rest. They flew a modern looking craft.

Why did Kirk fly a rust bucket that looked like a 50's series Sci Fi movie rather than the more modern craft we saw in the last movie?

It seems to me something is wrong. I thought the last ST movie with the really young crew looked out of place in a rather modern looking craft.

What am I missing? Is there a reason fir it or are producers and set designers just too lazy these days? Were the Tribbles involved somehow?

Upvote 0
I've read a lot of folks are PO'd with this "modern" interpretation. Yes, it's different, yes, there's a new writer/producer. I've never seen any of the older movies (aside from the previous one), but what I've heard is that they're generally a significant departure from the show. All I know is, I loved the last one and can't wait for the next one. :)

Upvote 0
I m not a Treky or trekie or what have you, but I have a question. In the last ST movie, we met Spock, Kirk, McCoy and the rest. They flew a modern looking craft.

Why did Kirk fly a rust bucket that looked like a 50's series Sci Fi movie rather than the more modern craft we saw in the last movie?

It seems to me something is wrong. I thought the last ST movie with the really young crew looked out of place in a rather modern looking craft.

What am I missing? Is there a reason fir it or are producers and set designers just too lazy these days? Were the Tribbles involved somehow?

The original Star Trek series was made on a budget - the transporter was invented for that reason alone.

And I don't know about the Enterprise being a rust bucket. Seems in the tribble episode, Klingons called it a garbage scow, and got handed the deck for their trouble.

So, anyway - you're not liking the early Enterprise because it wasn't modern enough and the latest one was too modern. There's actually a story about that, it's called Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones