• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i just rooted my hero but i ran into a problem

shink188

Mar 28, 2010
ok so i just rooted my hero following "the root guide" sticky thread followed everything to a T.(just flashed and fresh 1.1) But, now im getting sum weird pop up notification comes up saying "sorry! the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." It says that every time i try to take pics or i get txt notification from handcent, i tried searching around the forums and google but couldnt find a answer. ><
any help would b great thx 4 ur time guys.

by flash your nandroid u mean go into recovery mode< backup/restore < nand restore correct?

or can i do it from pre kitchen cuz i made a nandroid file with pre kitchen?

sorry just trying to make sure i dont brick my phone or anything lol so the more in detail the better ><

EDIT1: i havent installed any apps

EDIT2: sorry next time ill post all realted root subject in the proper place

Upvote 0
by flash your nandroid u mean go into recovery mode< backup/restore < nand restore correct?

or can i do it from pre kitchen cuz i made a nandroid file with pre kitchen?

sorry just trying to make sure i dont brick my phone or anything lol so the more in detail the better ><

EDIT1: i havent installed any apps

EDIT2: sorry next time ill post all realted root subject in the proper place
Pre-kitchen can restore the last backup it created.

Upvote 0
alright i tried the nandroid back up but i still had the problem. ><
ok i went into boot loader < wipe < but there are 5 things to wipe(data/factoryreset, dalvik-cache, SD ext pertition, battery stats, rotate settings) do i wipe them all or which ones specifically??

I don't remember those options when doing it.. I assume you'll want the data wipe though. You want to wipe out previous versions before flashing. I didn't do this the first time I flashed and received force close for both sense and phone over and over

Upvote 0
alright i tried the nandroid back up but i still had the problem. ><
ok i went into boot loader < wipe < but there are 5 things to wipe(data/factoryreset, dalvik-cache, SD ext pertition, battery stats, rotate settings) do i wipe them all or which ones specifically??

I don't remember those options when doing it.. I assume you'll want the data wipe though. You want to wipe out previous versions before flashing. I didn't do this the first time I flashed and received force close for both sense and phone over and over

data/factory reset is the one that you want

Upvote 0
I was having this issue after installing some new apps I got online. What I did was just go back and uninstall them, one by one, until things worked correctly. It really is easier than flashing the phone and reloading all over again.....

Just try to think of the last app you installed, and which ones you may have installed that may clash with one another or not be the best thing for your phone.

Mine was an app killer and a task manager, for reference.

Upvote 0
You can try and wipe and install fresh 2.0c if you want. There are still some bugs here and there in all 2.x ROM's. If you want a daily 100% ROM, stick with Fresh 1.1 or another 1.5 for now.

The 2.1 ROM's (as fun as they are) are not 100% complete as they state. I'm sure someone will try and argue this by saying if you flash this fix and do this tweak you can get it to work. The truth is, you likely can, but if you are new to rooting and want something that you can use daily that is 100%, my suggestion is to stick with Fresh 1.1 with GCK (gumbo custom kernel).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones