• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I just shattered the screen on my X! What options do I have?

Ok list of options...

1. Super glue
2. Crazy glue
3. Gorilla glue (might be the best, since the screen is made from Gorilla Glass)
4. Elmers glue
5. Whythe****didntIbuythegoddamninsurance glue

... J/k

That sucks man, do you have ceramic tile floors or something? I've accidentally flung my DX without a case or screen protector right onto the concret patio and it didn't even scratch the thing.

I know one thing, I'd be -1 cat right about now!

Upvote 0
I never pay for insurance anymore.
Last time I was on that they wound up with a class action for ripping people off.
Got an otter box.
Can fix almost everything.
Look in the classifieds. Someone is probably selling one at cost of what the insurance and deductable would of cost you over time and the replacement from them was probably refurb anyway.

Upvote 0
Insurance is a "house bet". Meaning the best outcome for the person that is paying insurance is that you won't need to spend any money to get your phone fixed or replace..that is the best outcome. The worst outcome is that you have paid insurance for how ever long (essentially gambling that you will need it) and then have your claim denied.

With so much fine print with cell phone insurance your chances of getting a claim accepted versus rejected is about 50/50 these days, which is not enough of a margin to make gambling on insurance a worthwhile venture, imo.

It sucks, but if you think about the money you have saved by not paying insurance should easily cover the expense of a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones