• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i jut want to know who is the man here!?!!! ho is the resident mytouch3g king/

Who runs things here in the mytouch 3g section?! we cant let the other forums blow us away. we are not out the game, we are relevant in this droid game !! we will not go quietly, we demanmd 2.o. give it to us or face an rmy of angered 1.6 uers

I am angry! How is it that Droid now has 40,000 forum users and we have 1,000? We are just as good a phone besides our camera. Lets rise up and make a virus that can only target Motorola Droid phones!!!

Upvote 0
lol, are you trying to start a my touch vs droid rivalry? droid is the new in thing, you mentioned the camera. Did you forget there best selling point, 2.0 that already had a firmware upgrade

That's nothing! We'll get 2.0 soon enough hopefully. But we already have an army amassing, maybe you've heard of a few of the people - Phil Jackson, Whoopi Goldberg, Dana Carvey, Molly Shannon, Jessi James, Brad Paisley, Chevy Chase, Avril Lavigne, Darrell Hammond, Wyclef Jean, and with my name added to the list, and yours, we'll for sure be able to overrun those Droid lovers!

Upvote 0
IMO, the biggest thing we have over the droid is not the device, but the network. GSM allows for simultaneous data/voice. Checking email while talking, rerouting navigation while talking etc...

This feature alone is the only reason I immediately took back the Sprint Hero and came back to T-mobile. GSM is used globally vs. CDMA on Sprint and Verizon.

The other major advantage we have overt those network specific devices is better battery life and the ability to drop down to edge for even more battery savings.

Upvote 0
IMO, the biggest thing we have over the droid is not the device, but the network. GSM allows for simultaneous data/voice. Checking email while talking, rerouting navigation while talking etc...

This feature alone is the only reason I immediately took back the Sprint Hero and came back to T-mobile. GSM is used globally vs. CDMA on Sprint and Verizon.

The other major advantage we have overt those network specific devices is better battery life and the ability to drop down to edge for even more battery savings.

verizon has some phones already that are GSM i know for sure that the Tour and Storm is, im yet to really no anyone with the moto droid!

Upvote 0

excellent points!

Upvote 0
My best friend has had them all, and he dumped them to go back to the Droid.

They pretty much can do the same, droid has better camera with led, 2.0 isn't that big a deal, we'll get it too. Droid can root easily.

The async voice/data is huge, that is why he dumped it originally and tried the rest. He still went back to the droid basically because he is living in the woods and didn't have 3g with other networks.

I think the real reason he went back to the droid is because of HD screen and video, the processor and the steel case.

We're basically all 'droidheads'.

Personally I hate the droid, too heavy, hate sliders and IMO that device is not as sexy as my Merlot Mytouch.

Upvote 0
Not sure if I mentioned, but the micro usb connector on the droid sucked. The fitting had a lip on it that made it impossible to plug it in without flipping the thing over a few times to make sure it was the right direction. You also had to remove the Droid from any case to use the car mount with the magnet that auto launched the inCar app. This mount did not stop the navigation from bouncing between portrait and landscape though.<---very annoying.

I did like the Camera and screen though. The camera on the mytouch kinda blows and the video seems like its ~15fps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones