1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I keep getting e mail Notification but no new email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pbrstanwood, Jan 20, 2010.

1. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Female
    contractor new homes
    Seattle,
    I set my email on each account to check email every 5 min and every 5 min it tell me i have new e mail when i check i have no new email the little icon at the top pops up saying i have new e mail . how do i set it up to let me know i have new e mail???? and to keep it telling me i have new e mail and it is just e mail i have not opened

Advertisement

2. jsalimao

jsalimao Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I have the same problem. Anybody have a solution?

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Hello, I just wanted to notify you that there are no new posts in this thread.

4. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    in Phoenix. Duh!
  5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    maybe I'm just ******ed and don't understand exactly what the OP is asking or what that link to google's forum is talking about but...

what I'm experiencing is that when i read an email then mark it as unread on my computer, my droid will recognize that action (i.e.: marking it as unread) as a new email and give me a notification. This happens with both my gmail and yahoo accounts and doesn't really bother me at all.

I also get a few email notifications for my yahoo account but no new emails are shown in my inbox on my phone, but when I check from a computer, there are a couple of new ones in there. However, with all of the known POP email issues this phone has, I was never really too concerned with this. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next OS update, but whatever...

6. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Like Phoenix said, drop a comment and star that issue. If we all bitch about it, maybe Google will one day fix it.

7. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    There is another possibility;
    I do not know about Gmail, but I have about ten email accounts linked to my site and some were configured on my server to leave a copy on the server. This may be why you keep getting notifications about the same ones. Try opening the emails and see if the redundant notifications cease for them. Then you will at least narrow it down to a Droid-specific configuration problem, or an issue with the server setting or the configuration of the program that another computer set to recieve those email account updates.