1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I keep getting ols emails sent to my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarkH27, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MarkH27

MarkH27 Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2012
    this is driving me crazy...I have 2 email accounts set up on my S3...a cox.net one and a godaddy one...the godaddy account...I keep getting old emails, 25 at a time, sent to my S3.....its none stop...how do I turn this off? These are emails I have already read and it goes back a year and a half of emails from the day i opened my godaddy account. I called godaddy and they had no solution or any idea why it keeps happening. The cox.net account does not do this...only the godaddy.

It does not happen on my pc when i look up my account on my pc....nor does it happen when i open up MSOutlook and check my emails...its only on my phone this is happeneing.

Can someone please shed some light on how to stop this?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    S3 with, I bet, the 4.3 update? That's one of the bugs in the update. It happens on some phones and not others, it happens with some accounts and not others.

The fix is to wait for Samsung to do something to fix the problems they caused with the update.

3. MarkH27

MarkH27 Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2012

ya know..before i red your response i went into the email settings and chose Delete from email server/When I delete from inbox....and that seemed to do the trick...and literally 30 minutes later i read your reply about an update...I was still on 4.1....so i updated to 4.3 thinking i fixed my problem..and sure enough once i updated to 4.3 the same thing started happening and my email settings are still the same...i screwed myself hahaha.

4. androidmog

androidmog Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2010
    This problem pre dates the 4.3 update. Some people (me included) have been complaining about it ever since the phone came to the market. Nobody has really been able to find a solution other than not using the stock app. It actually started for me when I upgraded my original Galaxy S from Froyo to Gingerbread, and has been a problem ever since I upgraded to the S3 running 4.1.2. Can't work out what triggers it, as it can go for weeks without doing it. It sometimes does it after I've deleted a lot of old emails, as if it needs to keep a certain amount in the inbox, however this is not always the case. Learned to live with it.