1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I keep getting random ads on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ChylanDylan04, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ChylanDylan04

ChylanDylan04 Lurker

I check my security and everything seems fine but I keep getting websites like watch this videos stuff

2. aio developers

aio developers Android Enthusiast

just delete the host file in the ETC folder in your system to fix
    note:your phone has to be rooted before it works
    ads are stored in the hosts file

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Is there anything on the screen that says "beita"? That advertising plug-in has come with a number of apps recently, and if it's the cause you need to identify the app hosting it and remove the app.

4. aio developers

even if you remove it still downloads it self
    e.g are com.bala.bala

most pf them are malware and can be fixed by installing custom roms
    or porting custom roms

or UNLESS by using the final.hope ADBLOCKER+ROOT version or.the one lucky patcher :-(

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

We don't discuss lucky patcher here, since it is commonly used for things which violate forum rules.

You should not need a custom ROM to deal with malware. In the worst case (an old, unpatched ROM that is vulnerable to rootkit malware via the same exploits those old one click root apps used) a stock firmware flash would remove it. For most stuff a factory reset will, in some cases just clearing browser caches. And nothing can download itself (purely as a matter of semantics), if you can identify and remove the thing that's doing the downloading the problem is fixed.

The only case where you really need the measures you describe are one of those dodgy devices which come with crap like that as part of the stock ROM, in which case the answer is not to buy them in the first place ;).

6. aio developers

Factory rest might work depends
    but IF too many ads just downpoad another youtube player or download Ucbrowser it has a video player inside means this is answered because.ads removal requires root or ROMS.
    i said adblocker plus pro can work NOTE:i didnt say use lucky patcher to patch any app or edit apps i just said it has te finction to easily deldte ads and disable ads popping up not to use for someones app .lol:)

7. aio developers

or any video player e.g VLC