• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I keep my music sorted by folder....

robsoles

Lurker
Jun 13, 2010
Hi All,

Tried to find a relevant thread to post this at end of or perhaps that answers this and hopefully whoever knows where it is will just link to it and not be too unkind about my inability to find it.

I've never used any media player software to sort or tag my music ever. I have something like 10Gigs of fairly well encoded stuff and the collection grows over time, this time last year there was probably 8Gigs in the pile.

All my music is sorted by folders and in those folders they are usually named by track number, ie:

01. Astonomy Domine - Umma Gumma - Pink Floyd.
etc. etc.

I can't seem to find the way to get this 'music' app in android to sort by folder first and the multitude of '01. next song, next album' in a row in my music list is starting to really get me down.

I don't want any nonsense to get album art for me or even to try to figure out what album this is (byte allowance on plans in AU sucks pretty hard, OK?) or what order these songs should be in.

Simple form of question: What is the name of an app that doesn't try to be clever about your music collection, just sorts and plays it by "(1) FileFolder->(2) FileName"?

Advanced form of question (I think): Is this possible with this app that comes with Android and calls itself 'music' in the list?

Thanks in advance, I'll be subscribed to this thread till I post that I am not...

Hey, thanks Lars1 and thevoiceless - I actually popped in to append my post that it's not very friendly around here because I didn't get a notification email that someone replied and found your replies!!!

I suppose my next question should be "how do you really subscribe to your own darn thread!?" because I have 'instant email notification' chosen below!!

Oh well, shortly I will checkout Lars1's recommended player and post back if it is not brilliantly what I want.

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones