1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I kind of uninstalled my home screen.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MitWebb, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MitWebb

MitWebb Lurker

After successfully rooting my phone last night, I thought i would try and get rid of all the pre-installed apps on my ace to free up memory on the internal storage (which was my intention all along). Using ES File explorer I used the root explorer option and began to backup and remove all things with samsung in the name, However like a complete idiot i removed the samsung home 2.3.6 and now i have no home screen. I have tried restoring the app using ES File explorer but it says "install failed". Any ideas on how to get the home screen back.

I hope this thread amuses some of you, and I hope someone can help.

Cheers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MitWebb

MitWebb Lurker

Fixed it by reinstalling firmware.

3. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

You should never remove a launcher from the phone unless you have another one installed already to take its place, otherwise when you reboot, you will see a blank screen with your status bar and stuck with no way to install another launcher.
    You also cannot install system apps like normal apps like you tried, you should have tried to push it back into system/apps and set appropriate permissions using es root explorer, that would have worked. Or you could have used a flashable zip file to push it into system via recovery.

4. praky

praky Well-Known Member

Alternatively you could have tried installing some 3rd party home launcher if you can access android market. Can happen to the best of us!

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews