• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i kjow you guys hate the rom questions...

hortstu

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
But i have one. I've got to flash a new ROM. I'm having trouble with mikg, and even if I could get it to work right, the battery life is a little short. While I'm capable of doing this stuff it's nothing I look forward to. I had mik froyo for almost a year without a gripe.

I need a ROM/ kernel with...
the best caemra possible.
No carrier iq.
Decent battery life.
And stability.

If there is a chart that answers these questions please hook me up.
Otherwise please bring on the opinions with some supporting facts.
Thanks.

I'm not a hundred percent sure of what exactly your looking for as far as performance and what your needs are.

I like the Swag Stock (Swag on) with More Freedom Kernel when I'm running a Sense ROM. This has been one of the best ROMs I have Run. Its really just a taylored out stock rom that has removed bloatware, and CIQ I have not had any issues with this ROM

I Like Xplod with Tiamat 3.3.7 for AOSP. Everything seems to work fine for me. IMO best AOSP ROM out there but have to admit I haven't Run Decks so I'm not being fully fair in my comment. Xplod is from Team Nocturnal who does mostly Sense ROMS. Its Stable and is a great choice for a daily

I don't really use the camera much so not sure if these are best for the camera or not.

Before I do anything My First act is to perform an update for all my apps. After all apps have been updated that have an update. I then go an start the backup process. While I have My contacts sync with Google. I still take and have a backup on my SDCARD. I currently am using Super Backup to do this job It also backs up call logs and SMS. I do a fresh run of titanium backup to make sure it gets the latest updated versions. After I have made all my backups in the ROM then I go and Nandroid. You can read the entire process in my sig (A Flash For us All )

Good Luck

Upvote 0
I'm not a hundred percent sure of what exactly your looking for as far as performance and what your needs are.

I like the Swag Stock (Swag on) with More Freedom Kernel when I'm running a Sense ROM. This has been one of the best ROMs I have Run. Its really just a taylored out stock rom that has removed bloatware, and CIQ I have not had any issues with this ROM

I Like Xplod with Tiamat 3.3.7 for AOSP. Everything seems to work fine for me. IMO best AOSP ROM out there but have to admit I haven't Run Decks so I'm not being fully fair in my comment. Xplod is from Team Nocturnal who does mostly Sense ROMS. Its Stable and is a great choice for a daily

I don't really use the camera much so not sure if these are best for the camera or not.

Before I do anything My First act is to perform an update for all my apps. After all apps have been updated that have an update. I then go an start the backup process. While I have My contacts sync with Google. I still take and have a backup on my SDCARD. I currently am using Super Backup to do this job It also backs up call logs and SMS. I do a fresh run of titanium backup to make sure it gets the latest updated versions. After I have made all my backups in the ROM then I go and Nandroid. You can read the entire process in my sig (A Flash For us All )

Good Luck

Yeah, what he said, but more of it.... or something... lol

ok, im quite picky about what i want out of my phone, and this recommendation is what brought me away from the standard cm7 build. Even tho this is cm7 based, its just very nicely put together and runs very smoothly. Just a word on tiamat tho... there is some debate out there about which is the best version to get, and from what ive personally encountered and read, it seems to vary from phone to phone(much less build to build) on which one works best. The hardware revisions on this device are cool and all, but they kinda wreaked havok on the kernel situation... Make of that what you will, but in an event, the worst thing youd encounter with regards to that is having to try out a few different tiamats and letting them run for a couple days each in order to find out which one works best for your phone. Happy rooting and new year and so forth :D

Upvote 0
I know this rom hasn't been updated in a while, but if it aint broke...:rolleyes:

[ROM]-[MikRoms]-Supersonic3D RC1.2-[10/14/2011]-Sense 3.5 - xda-developers

Only 1 other rom lasted longer on my phone, that was kings unleashed R2 Froyo build. It takes a little tweaking to get it running nice and smooth, but I considered it worth it. :)

Kernels are like muzzle loaders, they're hit and miss. You never know if one is going to work or not until you try it out for a while. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones