• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I know the Nexus is the latest and greatest, but

TrumpetMan

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
I also held the Droid Razr and that is one beautiful phone to hold. The Nexus is nice also but the Droid just feels like it's much better made and the thinness is just amazing.

Question, when the Razr gets Ice Cream Sandwich how much of a difference will there be then between the Nexus and Razr; will it really that big a difference? Just curious since I'll be up for my NE2 on the 28th and these are the two phones in the running to replace my Droid Inc.

I happily traded in my RAZR for the GNex. Screen quality alone was enough to tip the scale. Also, the RAZR was starting to "fade" on areas of the phones body that made regular contact with my desk. Call quality is great on both, although I do miss Motorolas sound-cancellation. Cameras are... both high quality phone cameras. GNex is smoother, lighter, louder, faster(in everything I've noticed). RAZR is slightly prettier. I will agree with that. Juts not the white one. That's ugly.

Upvote 0
I also held the Droid Razr and that is one beautiful phone to hold. The Nexus is nice also but the Droid just feels like it's much better made and the thinness is just amazing.

Question, when the Razr gets Ice Cream Sandwich how much of a difference will there be then between the Nexus and Razr; will it really that big a difference? Just curious since I'll be up for my NE2 on the 28th and these are the two phones in the running to replace my Droid Inc.

Nexus has Better screen, better processor. I held the razr and it felt like a pop tart. it was uncomfortable how wide it was and it being so thin actually made it feel cheaper to me. ICS isn't going to change the screen and processor, plus with blur it will be another thing to slow the phone down even if it is only a little bit it still will not be as smooth as stock ICS. Plus look how much trouble moto had getting a non buggy version of gb on their devices.

Reactions: Sandroidfan
Upvote 0

Hah, I just posted this and it's the discussion around the office.

You have 4 softkeys on the RAZR.

When ICS hits, will the 3 softscreen keys be integrated? That is a PART of ICS!

So you will have 7 lower buttons if this is true :D:D

Upvote 0
i don't understand the "razr feels better made" argument. i had one for 28 days, and every single time i handed it to anyone their first comment was the same. "i feel like i am going to break this thing." i, personally, felt the same way. it was just TOO light. i prefer my device to have some weight to it, and i think the GNex is perfect. of course, this opinion is going to vary from user to user, but the only people i hear talking about the build quality of the razr are here in the forum. judging by real world comments from the 15-20 people i let play with mine, most DO NOT feel that it is a "solid" device. i know it IS well made (kevlar, gorilla glass, metal frame, etc.), but i certainly don't think that the GNex is "worse" in any way.

Upvote 0
IMHO you cannot compare the two. The RAZR is not as well functioning as the GNEX. I had the rent-z-razr for three weeks and it couldn't touch my GNEX. ICS is so much smoother than any other android OS I have ever seen. It is faster, crisper, cleaner, smoother, etc. It functions differently in many ways. And the RAZR was wider, which I did not like. I liked smart actions from the RAZR. So far that is all I miss. The fact that it will be updated and supported without a doubt for years to come is reason enough to buy it in my opinion. But to each its own. But if you want the better phone, one that will get untouched Android that will have less issues due to custom UI's and bloatware, get the GNEX.

Reactions: Premium1
Upvote 0
Played with a Razr in a store, wasn't impressed. Interface wasn't smooth, but to be fair perhaps ICS could remedy that.

Is it thin? Sure. Who cares? Since when does one dimension override everything else? Only thing that ultimately matters from an ergonomics standpoint is how the handset feels in your hand. Razr was OK, but not amazing.

G Nex is plenty comfy in my hand, and I think more so than the DX I came from.

Reactions: Premium1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones