1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I know the Nexus is the latest and greatest, but

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrumpetMan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    I also held the Droid Razr and that is one beautiful phone to hold. The Nexus is nice also but the Droid just feels like it's much better made and the thinness is just amazing.

Question, when the Razr gets Ice Cream Sandwich how much of a difference will there be then between the Nexus and Razr; will it really that big a difference? Just curious since I'll be up for my NE2 on the 28th and these are the two phones in the running to replace my Droid Inc.

Advertisement

2. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Small Business Production Manager/Procurement
    Madison, WI
    I happily traded in my RAZR for the GNex. Screen quality alone was enough to tip the scale. Also, the RAZR was starting to "fade" on areas of the phones body that made regular contact with my desk. Call quality is great on both, although I do miss Motorolas sound-cancellation. Cameras are... both high quality phone cameras. GNex is smoother, lighter, louder, faster(in everything I've noticed). RAZR is slightly prettier. I will agree with that. Juts not the white one. That's ugly.

3. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    I just can't get past Moto non-blur. It's a deal breaker for me and the screen rez is only qHD on the RAZR.

4. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2010
    People forget that this is a GOOGLE phone... So Gnexus will get the updates first ...like we are about to get 4.03. Also, Razor has actual hardware buttons where the nexus doesn't & so far I love using it.

5. Premium1

None

Dec 3, 2011
    Nexus has Better screen, better processor. I held the razr and it felt like a pop tart. it was uncomfortable how wide it was and it being so thin actually made it feel cheaper to me. ICS isn't going to change the screen and processor, plus with blur it will be another thing to slow the phone down even if it is only a little bit it still will not be as smooth as stock ICS. Plus look how much trouble moto had getting a non buggy version of gb on their devices.

Sandroidfan likes this.
  6. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    Hah, I just posted this and it's the discussion around the office.

You have 4 softkeys on the RAZR.

When ICS hits, will the 3 softscreen keys be integrated? That is a PART of ICS!

So you will have 7 lower buttons if this is true :D:D

7. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2009
    EE
    NJ
    Not true. Phones with Hard/Soft Keys will not have the virtual keys.

8. TheGuardian

TheGuardian Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly, i didnt like how the Razr felt at all, it seemed extreamely wide, and MUCH bigger than the Nexus with a smaller screen. and IMO, the nexus feels plenty quality

9. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Clemson, SC
    i don't understand the "razr feels better made" argument. i had one for 28 days, and every single time i handed it to anyone their first comment was the same. "i feel like i am going to break this thing." i, personally, felt the same way. it was just TOO light. i prefer my device to have some weight to it, and i think the GNex is perfect. of course, this opinion is going to vary from user to user, but the only people i hear talking about the build quality of the razr are here in the forum. judging by real world comments from the 15-20 people i let play with mine, most DO NOT feel that it is a "solid" device. i know it IS well made (kevlar, gorilla glass, metal frame, etc.), but i certainly don't think that the GNex is "worse" in any way.

10. NEXUSorBUST

NEXUSorBUST Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    IMHO you cannot compare the two. The RAZR is not as well functioning as the GNEX. I had the rent-z-razr for three weeks and it couldn't touch my GNEX. ICS is so much smoother than any other android OS I have ever seen. It is faster, crisper, cleaner, smoother, etc. It functions differently in many ways. And the RAZR was wider, which I did not like. I liked smart actions from the RAZR. So far that is all I miss. The fact that it will be updated and supported without a doubt for years to come is reason enough to buy it in my opinion. But to each its own. But if you want the better phone, one that will get untouched Android that will have less issues due to custom UI's and bloatware, get the GNEX.

Premium1 likes this.
  11. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Marlton, NJ
    People like different things. If they didn't we'd all be driving the same model of car.

The RAZR is a very nice phone, but I like the GNex better. I know some who like the RAZR better, so that's their choice.

12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    +1 with Vette. I personally prefer the greater screen real estate, the clarity and the virtual lack of bloatware on Nexus. I held RAZR but just kept going back to Nexus. Glad I did :)

13. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    I held a Razr in store and it seems like a fine phone but I've always wanted a Nexus. Beside QHD vs 720p was a deal breaker for me.

14. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    Huntersville, NC
    Played with a Razr in a store, wasn't impressed. Interface wasn't smooth, but to be fair perhaps ICS could remedy that.

Is it thin? Sure. Who cares? Since when does one dimension override everything else? Only thing that ultimately matters from an ergonomics standpoint is how the handset feels in your hand. Razr was OK, but not amazing.

G Nex is plenty comfy in my hand, and I think more so than the DX I came from.

Premium1 likes this.
Tags: