• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I like Arizona's border patrol

How many people wants to sneak in to Mexico? Pretty lawless county that would rather cut your throat instead of sending you back and That's the cops too lol.
Well, this isn't only limited to Mexico though, in terms of the law.

My point, from the beginning, was that just because an illegal immigrant comitted a felony hit and run, stopping 100% of all illegal immigrants entering the states isn't going to stop all felony hit and runs (and I bet it statistically wouldn't even make a dent).

There are plenty of what-ifs here as well. The person made a terrible choice, but would he have run if he was granted legal citizenship? I am sure the risk of deportation played on his mind when he made that poor choice (not justifying, just musing).

Upvote 0
Well, this isn't only limited to Mexico though, in terms of the law.

My point, from the beginning, was that just because an illegal immigrant comitted a felony hit and run, stopping 100% of all illegal immigrants entering the states isn't going to stop all felony hit and runs (and I bet it statistically wouldn't even make a dent).

There are plenty of what-ifs here as well. The person made a terrible choice, but would he have run if he was granted legal citizenship? I am sure the risk of deportation played on his mind when he made that poor choice (not justifying, just musing).

I think the point he was trying to make was if this guy made it back to Mexico. He would of dissapeared and never seen again. Where as living here kinda hard to elude capture. Not saying no one hasn't but sooner or later most are captured.

Upvote 0
American crime in Mexico is on a different scale: think NAFTA, illegal arms sales, drug running, etc.

NAFTA? What American crime does that spawn?
Americans running drugs in Mexico? :D Yeah, that's a problem.

Penalties for Americans carrying weapons or even a bullet in Mexico are extremely harsh.
Illegal arms sales to mexicans happens on the US side. Here in Arizona we have a very large number of gun stores; there are regular reports of weapons seized from mexican gang wars and traced back here.
There was even a US government sting operation where the Feds ordered a local gun store to sell to know cartel members so they could trace the weapon and movement. When those same weapons were used in a mass slaying the gun shop owner came out saying how bad he felt.

Upvote 0
NAFTA? What American crime does that spawn?
Americans running drugs in Mexico? :D Yeah, that's a problem.

The drug rings are just Mexican, they're 'Merican, too.

NAFTA made it possible for ADM to sell (dump overproduced, government subsidized) corn in Mexico for 20% less than it cost Mexican farmers to grow it. Destitute Mexican subsistence farmers, without jobs, flood US looking for work. Applies to other industries as well, and in reverse (American jobs exported to Mexico to reduce labor cost and avoid taxes, unions, and environmental requirements).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones