• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i like this phone...

This is depressing. Can't find any info on rooting or anything else on the forums.

My relationship with the Samsung Epic 4G is over. I've finally had it. As long as I'm on Sprint there are only two viable alternatives, the Photon Q or the LG Mach. The Photon is out due to non-replaceable battery.

However, finding spare batteries for this phone is a challenge in and of itself.

Those of us who prefer physical keyboards are getting the shaft. Heck, some Sprint stores don't even carry the phone and their employees have never heard of it. Our only hope is that when RIM finally goes under all those people who love keyboards will create enough demand that handset makers will meet the need for high end phones with keyboards.

Is there anywhere with a more active community of LG Mach users?

Reactions: maire5 and mtstew
Upvote 0
This is depressing. Can't find any info on rooting or anything else on the forums.

My relationship with the Samsung Epic 4G is over. I've finally had it. As long as I'm on Sprint there are only two viable alternatives, the Photon Q or the LG Mach. The Photon is out due to non-replaceable battery.

However, finding spare batteries for this phone is a challenge in and of itself.

Those of us who prefer physical keyboards are getting the shaft. Heck, some Sprint stores don't even carry the phone and their employees have never heard of it. Our only hope is that when RIM finally goes under all those people who love keyboards will create enough demand that handset makers will meet the need for high end phones with keyboards.

Is there anywhere with a more active community of LG Mach users?

Hey, try rooting with this:
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/611262-i-found-root-guys.html
Hopefully LG didn't patch the root method yet :)

Reactions: uscpsycho
Upvote 0
Hey, try rooting with this:
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/611262-i-found-root-guys.html
Hopefully LG didn't patch the root method yet :)

You think that might work with the Mach even though it's a completely different phone?

I got the SGS3 on a trial basis today. I've got 14 days to decide if I can live with it. I also got this keyboard made for the S3 and trying to see if I can get used to it.

I was so spoiled by the keyboards on the Samsung Epic 4G and the HTC Touch Pro2 before that. Unfortunately, performance of both phones was underwhelming but the keyboards were amazing. I don't think any keyboard phone has ever come close to touching the form of the HTC TP2.

Upvote 0
It's the reality of the market. Landscape keyboard phones proved to be a niche, and nobody could sell enough of them at a high enough price to make a profit on them. Remember that most manufacturers are struggling to make a profit at all, and some have been losing money steadily for years, so phones that are more complicated and expensive to make, will never be big sellers, and which few would be prepared to pay a premium price for, are not going to be an attractive proposition to any manufacturer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones